39

DCBS: Chapter 39

In the sunny office, Xiao Jianping looked at the newspaper with photos of the basketball game in his hand. He didn’t speak but he was obviously a bit depressed.

Sun Peiwei, who was usually frustrated with him, rarely relaxed his movements. He sat stupidly on the side and his expression was slightly complicated.

He took the time to go to the admissions office today to inquire about Pei Qingyuan. He thought that Xiao Jianping was simply thinking too much. He planned to go back to dispel Xiao Jianping’s thoughts after asking. He didn’t expect that the teacher of the admissions office really knew this high school student.

But in their records, Pei Qingyuan wasn’t from the 2nd High School but from Chengde High School.

Some time ago, Chengde High School reported the recommendation list of their new senior high school students and this name was prominently listed. He won first place in the National High School Students Mathematics Olympiad. So it is eligible for a recommendation.

Originally, this group of students would come to Jiangyuan University at the end of this year to take the recommendation exam. After passing this exam, which wasn’t too difficult for them, they would no longer need to face the pressure of the college entrance examination and could directly become a prospective college student at a top college.

However, just last month, Chengde High School specially contacted the admissions office of Jiangyuan University, saying they would cancel the recommendation of a student. The teacher of the admissions office hardly encountered this situation and asked the reason. Then the teacher got a reply that the student had transferred.

Sun Peiwei heard this and understood why this name was familiar.

It wasn’t uncommon to be recommended for a recommendations list, but it was rare to see a name being removed from it. It must’ve been mentioned by a teacher during a casual chat.

Okay, why did he transfer schools at this time?

He truthfully told Xiao Jianping what he had found out and couldn’t help sighing. “If he didn’t have the recommendation canceled then perhaps he might be able to become your student…”

“He is still eligible for a recommendation,” Xiao Jianping retorted. “What about the 2nd High School? Have they reported the recommendations list?”

“No, I don’t think the 2nd High School has ever had an Olympiad student so they didn’t think of this..” Sun Peiwei thought about it carefully. “It is because Student Pei didn’t say it himself and I guess the 2nd High School probably didn’t know about this. After all, Student Pei didn’t get the 1st place at the 2nd High School.”

Xiao Jianping frowned when he heard this and started pacing in the office again.

He thought about it and still felt it was wrong. He immediately called Chengde High School and asked if they had told Pei Qingyuan of the 2nd High School that he could still be recommended for admission.

However, only a cold reply came from the other end of the phone. “Sorry, this isn’t our responsibility.”

Xiao Jianping understood this meaning and said angrily, “This is related to the future of a student! How can you be so irresponsible?!”

However, the other person obviously wasn’t prepared to give him an actual response with a human touch and skillfully gave an official reply.

“Why did Student Pei transfer at such an important time during his senior year of high school?”

“It is affected by the student’s individual family reasons.”

“Family reasons? What type of family would let their child suddenly change environments at this time? He also transferred from Chengde to the 2nd High School. Is he willing himself?”