35

DCBS: Chapter 35

Xiao Jianping didn’t have time to pay attention to the complicated gaze cast by his son on the opposite side of the court. His mind was full of the voice he heard more than an hour ago that was about to be carved into his soul.

He was sure that he hadn’t heard it incorrectly. That group of children had clearly been talking to a smart product with their heads down. He remembered that it should be black.

Was it a mobile phone? Or a watch?

At this time, the junior who helped keep Xiao Mei before the start of the match excitedly handed the black watch back to Pei Qingyuan, who had finished the match.

After all, he was a member of the basketball team and usually participated in evening training. He knew that Pei Qingyuan treasured this smart watch called Xiao Mei.

“Senior, here you go!” He carefully wrapped the watch in a tissue and handed it over, saving it from becoming dirty with his touch. “This match was so exciting, Senior!”

Xiao Jianping’s eyes lit up. His gaze was completely glued to this very high-end watch. “Yes yes, I remember, this is it! Student, can you show it to me?”

There was the assistance of the junior who didn’t know the truth and Pei Qingyuan’s expression froze.

He originally wanted to pretend not to know to fool this person.

Ji Tong’s head lowered even more. He instantly looked back at the video data of the match and found that Xiao Jianping, who was sitting in the audience, had a pensive expression the whole time, occasionally shaking his head in self-denial. The seriousness wasn’t at all like watching a high school basketball match. It was like he was thinking about a world-class mathematical problem that hadn’t been solved.

What did this middle-aged man with a very scholarly look do?

…He wouldn’t be captured, right?

Perhaps he realized that his request was a bit abrupt. Xiao Jianping showed a hint of embarrassment and apology. Then he hurriedly took out a few business cards from his pocket.

“I am a university teacher who specializes in artificial intelligence.” Xiao Jianping hurriedly explained. “The AI built into your watch is very advanced and should exceed the level of AI currently on the market. I’m really curious about which laboratory’s product it is? Is it convenient to say?”

Pei Qingyuan took the business card. Xiao Jianping’s name and contact information were printed in the middle. The title below was simple: Professor at the School of Artificial Intelligence of Jiangyuan College.

Ji Tong quickly searched the relevant data of this name on the Internet and became surprised. “Ruan Ruan, he is very powerful in this field.”

Jiangyuan College was one of the top colleges in the country. The main campus was located in this city. Xiao Jianping was the youngest teacher in the history of Jiangyuan College when he became a professor. He skipped grades, went to college at a younger age and stayed on to teach. It was the standard resume of a genius.

In addition to various breakthroughs in scientific research, Ji Tong especially noticed a report about him. Xiao Jianping was an interdisciplinary student of artificial intelligence and medicine. It was because he met a lover with a mobility disability. Ever since then, he devoted himself more attentively to research work, wanting to create a simulated intelligent assistant for such special groups of people that could really go deep into their lives and provide various types of help.

Ji Tong couldn’t help thinking of the scene that just played. Xiao Jianping might’ve looked distracted and was thinking about issues that had nothing to do with basketball, the camera in his hand was steady and pointed at the basketball court accurately without moving at all.