Dinner With The Newly Weds.

“Sweetheart! We're gonna be late for dinner!” Adam shouts from downstairs. “Coming!” I yell back, putting on my shoes. 

I grab my earrings and walk down the corridor, wearing my earrings. I proceed with caution down the stairs, grinning at Adam who's already got the biggest smile on his face. 

“You look…” He shakes his head staring at me as I stand at the bottom of the stairs. “I look?” I raise my eyebrows at him with a smile. 

“You look absolutely gorgeous, my love.” I grin, placing a kiss on his cheeks. “Thank you, my angel. You look dashing, as always.” Adam chuckles, grabbing hold of my hand. 

“I can say, we're fashionably late.” He pats my hand, as we head to the car. We get in and drive to the restaurant. 

“So? Have you thought about it?” I ask, looking at him. “About what?” 

“The plan?” Adam nods. “You're smart about that. I know exactly where I'll be. And you'll know it too.” He smiles, placing his hand on my thigh. 

“Love, don't do that. It tickles.” I giggle, biting my lip. “I know for a fact that doesn't tickle.” Adam smirks, taking a quick peek at me. 

I roll my eyes and comfortably relax into the seat. “Well, have you thought about what I said?” Adam asks, his eyes on the road. 

“About?” 

He smirks. “Honey, you know.” 

A tinge of red seeps into my cheeks, gushing aggressively. “I didn't think you'd ask me so soon.” I smile. 

“You're right. It is too soon. But it feels right?” 

I chuckle. “Hopefully you don't bother me about this all night.” I bite my lip. “I'd like an answer, my love. So…if that's what it takes, I'll go all night, or even the rest of my life asking for it.” 

Adam gently squeezes my thigh, making me squeal. He laughs, gently rubbing his fingers against my skin. “Don't worry, my love. Let's have a nice night. Just the four of us.” 

I nod, sheepishly grinning away from his sight. We finally arrive at the restaurant and head inside, welcomed by Alex and her husband. How odd to even say that. 

“Dee!!” Alex squeals, hugging me tightly. “I've missed you so much.” “I've missed you more, miss.” 

“Hey, Mark!” I give him a warm hug. “Come let's sit.” 

We sit down and Adam grins at Mark. “How was the honeymoon?” He asks. 

“Bro, you already know it. It was amazing. We had a wonderful time with each other. I couldn't be happier.” Mark smiles, wrapping his arm around Alex. 

Alex grins, nodding in agreement. 

“So? Tell us about you guys! What's been going on?” Alex says, diverting the conversation. I roll my eyes. 

“My man's a cop.” Mark stares wide eyed. “Woah. Didn't see that coming.” He gulps, shaking his head. 

“Yeah, well, I can't say much but I realize I don't wanna arrest her because I'm in love with her. And now, we're gonna…enjoy life together because we're living together.” Adam says, running his fingers up my thigh. I shiver against his touch but I draw a smile. 

“So, you're living together? You've moved in already?” Alex says. “Yeah, last week.” 

“You guys move fast.” She says, sipping on her water. I chuckle, grabbing the menu. “Let's order. I'm starving.” 

“What'll you have, my love?” Adam asks, behind my menu. “I'm thinking of having a steak. And a salad. To even things out.” 

He chuckles, shaking his head. “Okay. I'll have the lobster.” “Drinks?” 

“Red wine. Obviously.” I grin. “Honey.” Adam leans into my ear. “I know we're here with your friends. But all i think about is wanting to rip your dress apart and fuck you right here on this table.” He whispers. 

I stare at him with wide eyes, my mouth hanging open. “Oh.” 

“I'll also have some red wine. Doesn't matter if it doesn't compliment the food. I wanna have what you're having.” He says with a smile. 

I stare at him, breathless, speechless, motionless. This man is the death of me. 

We place our orders and chat for a while, trying to avoid my situation as much as possible. 

After our meal, Alex and I excuse ourselves to use the restroom. 

“Mark wants a kid. So badly.” Alex says, pulling out her lipstick. “Do you?” “Of course I do. But isn't it rushing?” 

“I think if you really want a kid, and he wants one too, you should go for it. Who cares if it's rushing or not. You should think about what Adam is asking me.” 

“What?” 

“He's asking me when we should get married.” 

“What?!” Her lipstick streaks across her cheek and I giggle. “Alex-”

“He asked you to marry him?” I shake my head. “No. When. Like when it's the right time to get married.”

“Well? What do you think you should do?” 

“I don't know! I love him so much. It's scary. I mean, come on.” I sigh, watching her wipe the lipstick off her cheek. 

“I think you should think this through. But honestly, he's a great guy. He's sweet and he really cares about you. And prevented you from going to jail just because he's got the feels for you. Think about it.” 

I nod, applying my own lipstick. “You're right. Let's see.” I smile, heading back to our gents. 

***