Chapter 4

Jesse's POV

I groan when I see that my brother isn't waiting on me in front of the pack house, like he said that he will.

I guess that he had to go somewhere, because I really doubt that he forgot about me.

I guess that I will have to talk with the Alpha, so I can find Brody, and I just hope that he really is nice.

Because I really don't want to talk to another Alpha who just wants to control people.

I walk inside of the pack house, and I don't even have to look for a guard, because one of them stops me right after I walk inside.

"Who are you?" He asks me with a stern expression.

"I'm new here, and I was supposed to meet my brother in front of the pack house, but he's not there.

So, I wanted to talk to the Alpha or the Beta, to see if either of them knows where I will find him." I say, and his eyes widen slightly.

"You must be Brody's brother." He says, and I nod reluctantly.

"I'm his friend. I saw the he was going somewhere with Parker, so I guess that he's at Parker's cousin's house, because that's the only place that Parker can go to." He tells me.

"Alright. Can you call him to ask when he will be back? I forgot to charge my phone before I left." I say.

He nods slightly, before he takes his phone out of his pocket to call my brother.

It turns out that I will have to wait for about half an hour, before he will come here.

So, I decide to wait outside, because it's my favourites weather.

Thankfully, no one tries to talk to me, because I really don't want to talk to anyone today.

That's because I'm tired from driving for the last few hours.

And when I'm tired, then I tend to be easily bored, and that's definitely not how I want to act here, at least not now.

When my brother finally comes here, he smiles at me brightly, and he comes towards me to give me a hug.

I hug him back, right before I smell the scent that is on him.

"Who were you with?" I ask him, although I already know the answer to this question.

"I went with Parker to see his cousin. I was supposed to have a day off from today, but Parker woke me up early and I forgot about it." He tells me.

"That's alright." I say. "But you have my mate's scent on you." I tell him, and he looks at me for a while, before he smirks.

"Well, it's either Parker or one of the other guards." He tells me, before he grips my arm, and he happily drags me in the same direction the he came from.

It takes us a lot of time, but we finally reach a house, which is somewhere in the woods.

I frown slightly, because that's not something that I have seen in my pack.