Chapter 39

Jesse's POV

On our way back to the house, Luca and Parker keep annoying each other for some reason.

And I can believe how quickly I went from wanting to kiss them to wanting to kill them.

"Can you stop pushing each other, before one of you will get hurt?" I ask them hopefully, but they just ignore me and they keep playfully trying to make the other fall.

I don't really get why they're doing this, because it seems to be something that the young siblings would do, hoping that the other will fall, so they will have something to laugh at.

I just shake my head at them, and I decide to look around the woods to see if I will find anything that shouldn't be there.

I heard that not very long ago some people set dangerous traps around the pack lands, so I want to make sure that there aren't any here anymore.

Mostly because of the way that Parker and Luca are acting, since I'm pretty sure that one of them will end up on the ground soon.

Not much later, one of them pushes me and they easily manage to make me lose the balance, which makes me fall on the ground hardly.

I guess that I should have expected that something like this might happen, and I make sure to scold myself for not expecting that.

It takes me a moment to realise what happened, and I think that I hit my head pretty hardly, because everything around me spins.

"Are you alright?" Parker asked me worriedly, and when I don't respond he sits next to me. "Jesse?" He asks me, sounding a bit scared.

"I'm not sure if I'm fine." I say.

When I can see clearly again, I look at my leg, which hurts a lot, and I'm happy that I can already tell that it's not broken.

I had a few broken bones, and I'm sure that I would know that it was broken if that was the case.

It has a big cut on it, which goes from my knee, almost to my ankle, and it's bleeding a lot, but I can see that it's already healing, so I don't worry about it too much.

"We should go to the pack hospital." Luca say, and Parker nods.

"I will be fine, just give me a few minutes, so I can heal properly." I say, and they reluctantly agree.

Although I'm sure that they will force me to go to the pack hospital, if I won't feel better soon.

I look at Luca, and I can see that he's holding both of the kids in his arms.

I'm happy that he wasn't worried enough to let them run away from us, because I wouldn't want to search for them in the woods.

And they're surprisingly quick for their age, but I guess that the Alpha genes that they got from Carter helped them with that.

I smile at them, to assure them that I will be fine and one of the kids giggles, before he forced Luca to let him go, and then he comes towards me, so I give him a gentle hug.