Chapter 12

Parker's POV

When we reach my grandparents' house, I open the front door without knocking, and I let Jesse walk inside  before I do the same and I close the door behind me.

Mason, who's my grandfather, comes here to greet us, and then he tells us to sit in the living room, where some of my cousins are playing a driving game.

They're living here, because his fathers weren't treating them right, and Carter decided to make them live here with him and his mates.

I don't think that they mind it, because they seem happy now and I'm happy that they don't walk around with bruises anymore.

"Hi." I say and they greet me back.

I introduce them to my mate and Jesse decides to play with them, when Raven asks us if we want to play with them

I talk with Roger for about an hour, until Luca comes here.

He gives me one of his kids when the baby extends his hands towards me, and then he sits next to me.

Roger decides to go back to playing with his brothers while I start to talk with Luca.

"Are they nice to you?" I ask him, gesturing towards the kids.

"They're could be worse." He tells me.

I guess that it's a no, so I know that I will have to make sure to help him more often.

Luca won't say anything about it, but I know that he has trouble with taking care of two kids by himself.

But I'm sure that he's happy that Jason gave him the kids before he died, so he won't complain about anything that has to do with them.

"Make sure to tell me if you need any help, I'm sure that Denver will allow me to go to your house every once in a while." I tell him.

He nods in acknowledgement, before he changes the topic of the conversation to my mate.

"So? Are you and Jesse getting along?" He asks me curiously, and I roll my eyes.

"We're doing fine, but he already threatened to reject me, so I guess that it might be a bit hard to live with him." I say, and I turn my head to look at Jesse, who just rolls his eyes in response.

"I'm sure that you will manage to survive." Luca tells me.

Before I can answer, I hear that the front door opens, and I groan when I realise that Denver and his grandkids are here.

The kids come here, and I make sure to greet them, because they're not the ones that I'm not happy to see.

Denver and Joseph greet everyone when they come here, although I make sure to not greet them back, and I can see that Joseph noticed it, but he decides to not say anything.

I'm sure that if Denver noticed it instead, then he would have asked me about it already, but Joseph is smarter than that.

I'm just glad that Denver's mate isn't worse than him.