Chapter 25

Jesse's POV

"Denver and most of the people who are able to vote, agreed that we should tell the doctor to make sure that Parker will be alright, and that he's healthy.

And we didn't know that it was affecting him as much as it did." Carter says, but he stops, and he looks at the stairs.

So, I look there too, and I can see that Parker is standing there.

"I don't want you to talk about it with him." Parker says, and I'm not sure if he's talking to me or to Carter, but i don't really care.

"We won't talk about it again. Go back to bed, you look like you're about to faint." I tell him gently, and he rolls his eyes, before he goes back where he came from.

Carter looks at me with a slightly frown, and I can see that he isn't sure if I want him to continue or not.

"I guess that I will talk about it with Parker." I say, and he nods in agreement, before he sighs tiredly.

"Well, I will tell Denver what happened, and I will make sure that he won't give Parker a punishment or anything, so don't worry about it." He tells me.

"Thanks." I say, and he nods, before he says a quick goodbye, and he goes towards the front door.

I send Lincoln a message to tell him that Parker and I will be staying here for now.

Then I quickly check if Luca and the kids are alright, before I go towards any mate.

I find him in one tod the guest rooms, and he's awake, but I can see that he's about to fall asleep, so I decide to not talk.

I sit on the bed near him, and I look at him for a while, before I decide to cuddle to him.

It's still pretty early, but I guess that I should take a nap too, because all do the running made me tired.

"They tortured me in the hospital. The doctor did a lot of tests that I never agreed to, and it was very uncomfortable, sometimes even painful." He tells me, and I hug him tighter.

"We will talk about it tomorrow, get some rest for now." I say, but he shakes his head.

"If you have any questions then asked them now, because I don't want to talk about it again." He tells me.

"Get some rest." I tell him again, deciding to not ask anything.

I would like to know more details, so I could know how much I should hate Denver and other people in his family.

But I prefer to let him rest, instead of talking about the things that he doesn't want to talk about.

He stays quiet for a long moment, but I know that he's still awake.

"What aren't you sleeping?" I ask him curiously, although I'm a bit annoyed too.

"Do you want to know why I was locked in that apartment?" He asked me quietly, and I sigh.

"Yes." I say, already knowing that he won't fall asleep until he will tell me everything that's bothering him.

He starts to explain the whole situation, and I make sure to listen to everything, so will won't have to asks him about it again.