Chapter 6

Parker's POV

I look at my mate, and I try to not frown.

I can see that he isn't very happy that we're here, so I guess that Brody told him a lot more than just my name.

Although it seems that he's willing to give me a chance.

"Alright." He says sternly. "I know what you did, and why Brody and the other guards have to guard you.

And I really won't allow myself to be with someone who murders people for fun, or for whatever other reason you had.

So, I want you to tell me now if you changed or not, because I don't even want to try to be with you, if you will keep murdering people every chance that you will get. " He tells me.

"I changed." I say, and I'm sure that I sound pretty desperate. "You can ask Luca if you don't believe me." I tell him.

"Well, you're my mate, so I will believe you, but if I will have any evidence that you're lying, then that's it.

So, better make sure that you will behave." He tells me, and I nod slightly to confirm that I got it, although I do it really reluctantly.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised by my reaction to him, because I never was someone who listened to other people.

And I never wanted to impress anyone, so I guess that he already managed to break me.

"Okay." I say.

We look at each other for a long while, and neither of us says anything  before I look away.

"For how long will the guards have to follow you?" He asks me curiously.

"It's not decided, I guess that when Denver, who's the Alpha, will believe me that I changed, then he will tell the guards to leave me alone." I tell him, and he nod slightly.

"Okay. I guess that we have to talk with the Alpha to see if he will agree to let me stay with you or something." He says, and he gestures for me to follow him down the stairs.

I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be able to spend the whole day with Luca, but hopefully now that I have my mate, Denver will agree to let me go out of the pack house more often.

Especially because Jesse looks like he might be able to kill someone, so I guess that he could also make sure that I won't run away.

But it's not like I could run now, because my mate is here, so the mate bond won't allow me to do that.

I say a goodbye to Luca and the kids, while Jesse tells Brody and the other guards that we have to go to the pack house.

I'm not sure how Denver manages to do it, but he can be doing things around the pack lands all day.

Although he still has the time to talk to the pack members about their problems, at least most of the time.

"Why aren't you at Luca's?" Denver asks me right after I walk into his office without knocking.