Chapter 41

Parker's POV

When Luca and I are not far from the pack house, I start to wonder if Luca will survive this injury.

Because for some reason he just started to bleed a lot more than he did earlier.

I know that he's in pain, even though he doesn't complain about it at all, so I try to not move him too much, while I carry him the rest of the way to the pack house.

Thankfully, we reach it without coming across anyone, which I'm grateful for, because I'm not sure if I would be able to defend myself against more than one person.

I quickly go towards the pack hospital, and the doctor greets me right after I walk inside.

"What happened to him?" He asks me worriedly, while he takes Luca from my arms.

"We got attacked by someone when we were in the woods, and I have to quickly tell Denver to check it out, because my mate stayed behind.

So, make sure that Luca's fine, and I will make sure that this will be taken care of." I say and he nods, before he takes Luca to one of the rooms.

I quickly go to Denver's office, and I don't even consider knocking on his door, which makes Denver glare at me right away.

But his expression quickly changes to a concerned one when he sees that I'm panicking a bit.

"What happened?" He asks me.

"Someone shot Luca with an arrow when we were on our way to the pack house.

And Jesse stayed in the woods to fight with whoever did that." I quickly tell him, and he takes his phone out quickly.

"Is Luca alright?" Tyson asks me from the other side of the room, so I turn around to see him.

"I'm not sure, but I left him with doctor Chris, so I hope that he will be fine." I say, and he nods slightly, before he gestures for me to follow him.

Just as we walk out do Denver's office, I can hear an alarm, which tells everyone who can't fight that they have to go to the safe room.

Because it's dangerous for them to be outside, or even in the pack house, for now.

Tyson leads me to the safe room, but I quickly stop him when I realise that he's doing it.

"I prefer to stay in the pack hospital." I tell him, and he groans, but he agrees to let me go there anyway.

I know that he wouldn't do that in the pack hospital wasn't protected even more than the safe room, so I'm glad that Denver decided to put a lot of traps there.

Tyson quickly unlocks the door to the pack hospital, and he lets me walk inside.

Then he locks the door behind me, while I go in the direction of Luca's scent, or more like the scent of his blood.

When I walk inside, I can see that the arrow was removed, and Luca is now sleeping on the hospital bed, so I decide to not disturb him.

I sit on one do the chairs that are in the room, and I decide to call the babysitter to make sure that he and the kids got to the safe room already.

I just hope that Jesse is alright, but he isn't here yet, which most likely means that he's fine.

Because I'm sure that the warriors already found him, and if he was hurt, they would have brought him here already.