Part 17

Nathan, whose eyes were wide when he heard this news, said with a surprised expression:
- No, I didn't know.

Godfrey continued his words:
- I found out that Rosalie wrote a letter to Petrus and disclosed our hiding place. I was so angry with her that there was no limit. A part of me wanted to sink my fangs into her white neck and drain her blood.

Anyway, my anger was useless. Even if Petrus and the group of monks with him weren't there, I really couldn't bring myself to hurt Rosalie. Her destruction was equal to my destruction.

Rosalie and I went back to the castle with Petrus and the rest of the monks with him. I didn't talk to Rosalie for a long time and she was crying day and night. Instead of softening my heart, her tears increased my anger and disgust towards her.

- What made you decide to reconcile with her?

- One night she cut the vein in her hand and went to death. Her condition was so bad that I had decided to turn her into a vampire, but fortunately luck was on our side and I didn't have to do this evil deed.

Nathan thought after hearing these words and while looking at Godfrey with a deep meaningful look, he said:
- Don't you think all this was a plan? She did these things on purpose so that you would have to turn her into a vampire.

Godfrey's eyes widened in surprise.
- Dear Nathan, how can you say such a thing? Rosalie is a very pious nun.

- Maybe she's just pretending. Petrus must have threatened her that if she turns into a dark creature, he will take her life or make life very difficult for her. On the other hand, you also consider the creation of new vampires as an evil act. As a result, Rosalie has no choice but to play the role of a pious nun. But deep in her heart she wants to be a being like you.

Godfrey looked away from Nathan and stared at an unknown spot, pale.
- I had never looked at the matter from this angle.

Nathan squeezed Godfrey's hand slightly to get his attention again.
- I know you are very angry with her now, too. But to nullify her plan, you have to treat her well and pretend that you are not upset with her.

Nathan hoped that Godfrey would do as he said. He didn't want Rosalie to be turned into a vampire by Godfrey, because that would deepen their relationship.

Godfrey nodded in agreement.
- I will do what you said. Dear Nathan, Thank you so much for opening my eyes to the possibilities.

Nathan smiled warmly.
- Please, my dear Godfrey. I don't want you to be forced to do something you deeply hate and suffer forever for it.

Godfrey squeezed Nathan's hand.
- I am very happy that I have a friend like you in this dark castle.

They spent a few moments in silence until Nathan said:
Godfrey, can I ask you something?

- Of course, my dear Nathan, I will answer any request you have.

- When I asked Petrus to tell me about Levi, he explained everything very briefly. As if he did not want or could not say anything more. That is why I am asking you to tell me about Levi.

- Dear Nathan, I can tell you many things about Levi, but I think it will be much better if he tells you everything himself.

Nathan's eyes widened upon hearing the last sentence and his mouth remained open.
- He himself?! But... But hasn't he left this world?!

To be continued...