Chapter 7

Melody awoke to find silence enveloping the house. As she rubbed her bleary eyes, memories of the previous night came rushing back. Fortunately, Sam and Dean had already left by the time she stirred. A note from Bobby beside the coffee machine read, "Helping Jody with a case, back by sundown. -B."

Struggling to wrap her head around Sam's peculiar actions from the night before, Melody busied herself by delving into some aged, leather-bound books from the study's "to read" pile, incessantly checking her phone for any word from Sam. Yet, no message came. Hours slipped away, and she prepared herself some lunch.

As she neared the end of her sandwich, a sudden vision struck her. These episodes, akin to psychic seizures, left her incapacitated until their passing. In her mind, she saw a motel room with twin beds: Dean asleep in one, surrounded by beer bottles, while the other bed remained neatly made and unoccupied. The vision then shifted to a dilapidated barn, revealing two imposing figures. One loomed over the other, who seemed restrained to a chair positioned on a blood-soaked bed of hay. The scene transitioned to one of the figures shoving a sizeable object down a slope towards a stream, just as headlights approached on a nearby road. The figure hastily disappeared into the nearby forest, moving surprisingly swiftly for its size. The haziness lifted from Melody's mind as she focused on the revealed image: a bloodied, battered man, unmistakably Sam.

Uncertain of how much time had elapsed when she came around, Melody wasted no time. She grabbed her phone and dialed Dean urgently. After several failed attempts, a drowsy Dean finally answered. "Hey, what's the rush?" he grumbled. "Where's Sam?! I think he's in danger," Melody blurted out, her voice trembling with anxiety. "Relax, we're just overnighting in Tulsa on our way to the next job. He's probably out grabbing some drinks," Dean responded nonchalantly. "No, Dean. It's more than that. I had a vision," Melody insisted, sending a shiver down Dean's spine.

He gulped.