Chapter 25

"You don't." Dean corrected. "No way are we letting you near him again. You're staying here. One of us will keep a close watch on you while the rest of us finish up getting what we need to take this bastard down."

"I can't let you do that." Melody shook her head.

"You're exactly what he wants Melody, we're keeping you safe." The angel said, his expression absolute.

-

"Don't think we'll be getting our security deposit back." Bobby joked as he painted protective sigils on the magnolia walls of the entrance hall.

Cas had transported her to a cottage a good 300 miles away. It was fairly upmarket - a far cry from the grotty motels the group of hunters were used to. Which was entirely the point - nobody would expect to find them there. It was a large space; the downstairs had an open plan living and dining room, there was a kitchen off that and a hallway leading to a few bedrooms. Upstairs there were another two bedrooms, connected by a small library. It was quaint. Melody could imagine a family enjoying a sweet holiday here. But hiding here from a powerful ex fiance? Not so fun.

Bobby took the day shift to stay in the cottage with Melody. Cas had teleported to a distant country to acquire an exotic blade they had been researching. Dean and Sam had left at dawn in the Impala to gather supplies; the sound of gravel crunching in the driveway woke Melody before she even got out of bed.

"I can't believe I've been so stupid Bobby...the man who killed mother, who killed Sam. I'm a fool." Melody was reflecting on the past few months- she felt utterly stupid. "No point dwelling. That won't stop this idjit will it?" He knew just what to say. Melody sighed. "Look kid, what's done is done. Ain't no changing that. But we can stop him from messing with you once and for all".

She knew Bobby was right. Whoever or whatever this entity was - it needed to be stopped permanently.