𝟬𝟱 | 𝘛𝘏𝘈𝘛 𝘞𝘌𝘌𝘒𝘌𝘕𝘋

I stared at Dabi as he focused on pulling out a splinter on my thumb with a pair of tweezers.

This is really dumb I know.

But it was an accident and there was nothing that could have been done.

"Be gentle..!" My eye twitches when he grabbed a piece of my skin instead of the actual splinter that embedded itself into my flesh.

Fuck you for real.

"Not my fault you keep moving, stay still.." he lectures softly, holding my wrist in place so it wouldn't move anywhere. "Come on Dabi... I thought you were better than this...!"

Within a few minutes, he finally pulled the splinter out.

Finally. Peace.

My thumb didn't feel like some bitch anymore, I raised a hand to offer a high five with a bright smile on my face -

"What?" He asks looking at me weird but my smile doesn't falter - "Give me a five man! Thanks for saving my life!" He rolls his eyes and kept the tweezers back in the box and walked away, leaving me hanging.

"You're being dramatic, it was only a splinter." I jokingly scoffed at his back, crossing my arms.

"It felt like my whole hand was affected - it was literally disturbing me for so long!" Dabi leans against the doorway with a hint of a playful look - I assume this by the way. "You only had it for a few minutes."

"Hmph."

.

Over time, Dabi and I had formed a mutual respect for each other, I heal him and he- well I don't know he just does what I ask him to. One of which was the above cases.

Not much but to me, as a sensitive person it was big.

But as I thought to myself, and reminded myself - he reminded me of.. someone.

He didn't have a forgettable face- I don't mean the staples and all that. I mean it's like I've seen him from somewhere, a face I know. Someone I know.

Maybe I was tripping.

I practically didn't know who he was.

I don't say anything amidst the silence we both sat in, just watching the TV in harmony. Coexisting I guess, but I decided to be brave for once.

"You know, you awfully give me a sense of familiarity."

"What?" He turns to me puzzled.

"Like.. I don't know really.. You just do." Saying this did not help at all, he looked way more puzzled than before. Dabi paused for about a moment, then shrugged.

"Probably remind you of a passerby."

Yeah right. Like a person with staples all over like you is gonna pop up and is your doppelganger or something.

I rolled my eyes at his answer and continued watching TV again.

.
.
.

It was raining when I ran from home that night. I was drenched, and I struggled to find a stable place to stay, atleast my cremation helped me on this - on the cost of some burns, not like it was a new thing.

It had been a few weeks, and I struggled to find more food. I did bring some with me, but I wanted to conserve it. Anyhow I ate it anyway under a case of an emergency.

For now I lurked in the alleyways, and when schools were busy. I'd- somehow sneak in and steal a few snacks here and there. I don't know how I did it, but I did it anyway. Their security sucked.