𝟮𝟲 | 𝘏𝘐𝘎𝘏 𝘌𝘕𝘋 𝟖𝟗

The whole room was cold, sending goosebumps over my skin. A large window and a bunch of computers spread out. People walking back and forth, some running whilst carrying a stack of documents.

It was all a blur.

My eyes tried it's best to see everything, to watch everyone. I stood there frozen like a fool,

'Whats happening...' my surprise was interrupted by a raspy voice calling out for Dabi beside me.

"Hey crust face! Go help the others secure H89 instead of mopping around." I turned my head to the owner of the voice and my eyes widened.

'Its him! It really is him!' my blood runs cold as I realised who was walking towards us. Dabi next to me grunted and walked off. But before he really left, he whispered into my ear:

"Do what you need to do."

Then he left.

I was alone.

I thought I wasn't doing this alone, but that contradicts everything I spat at him. Now I truly realise the importance of someone's company. His company.

"You! Don't just stand there! We're running tests so you better start moving!" A man called me out, his finger pointing at me - the look on his face speaks of irritation.

I shook my head and tried to make myself look useful.

.
.

I couldn't believe that he didn't realise I wasn't even a worker. They don't know anybody here?

Nonetheless I went up front to the very window, behind it was the usual tech you would see in movies - a long ass table with thousands of screens and buttons. My hand traces over the cold surface, and I finally take a seat.

As soon as I did everyone followed taking their places.

My hands were shaking, I was worried that I'd get caught and somebody would realise I don't belong here. I cursed under my breathe and wondered where Dabi had ran off to.

Speak of the devil, the gate at the other side of the window had opened -

I do say, that gate was abnormally large. Same goes for the entire area, it was huge and dark.

Dabi had walked out the gate, and a few others followed behind him. My mouth falls agape as I see what was rolling behind them. A huge cage with something inside.

Everything comes right at me one after the other -

I was expecting someone. But when he appeared right there I couldn't believe it. There he is...

My chest tightens when I see the familiar blonde haired man, his bright red wings being the only highlight of the other side. I watched in horror as Hawks whipped the creature inside the cage with a sharp feather.

What's happening. What's really going on.

I held back my disgust and fear - swallowing my gut.
I wanted to do something, to say something - to scream.

["High End 89 has entered testing grounds. Workers please exit the area within 5 minutes."]

The system repeats it again, the voice running through my head like a mantra. I felt like my ears were going deaf. The room on the other side was gradually getting emptier and soon enough it was empty.

Not really though, that cage was just there. The person next to me then pressed a button on the control panel. I glanced back at the window and noticed a pink smoke emerging from the vents.