Sixty-eight

Hawkins, Indiana

Hawkins, Indiana

July 1985

。.✦ ☾

Starcourt

。.✦ ☾

Mike, Kurt, El, and Max rush through the hallway as the lights flicker above them. The four come to a stop before the service elevator. "In here, in here." Kurt says and he shakily pushes the button.

Max peers down the hallway, her eyes widening when she sees Billy advancing towards them. The veins in his arms pulsed as the black spore leaked down with every tremble his body made. "Billy." Max breathes as Billy gets closer. "Billy, you don't have to do this. Billy. Your name's Billy, Billy Hargrove. You live on four-eight one-nine Cherry Lane. Billy, please, I'm Max, I'm your --" Billy gives Max a backhand, sending her to the floor, knocking her out cold.

With a yell, Mike charges after Billy but he grabs Mike and throws him against the wall, rendering him unconscious. Blood pours out from his nose.

Billy lifts his head and he stares down at Kurt. Kurt trembles in fear as Billy advances at him, throwing his arm out and slamming him into the wall, watching passively as his head slams into the wall.

With an angry yell, El raises her arm as if to use her powers, but Billy grabs her by the wrist and twists.

He shoves her to the wall, then tosses her across the room and into another wall. El falls to the ground, unconscious. Billy picks up El's limp body, flings her over his shoulder, and walks away.

....

Billy, carrying El over his shoulder, makes his way through the service hallway. When he comes to Scoops Ahoy, he kicks the door in.

Billy, with one hand, opens the locked metal gate and walks to the edge of the small set of stairs, placing El at his feet. Billy kneels beside her and whispers in her ear: "Don't be afraid. It'll be over soon. Just try and stay very still."

El is conscious, but weak and cannot move. The Mind Flayer slowly climbs down from the shattered atrium. Billy straightens up and comes face to face with the Mindflayer.

El is trying to crawl away while keeping a close eye on the Mindflayer. Just then, an explosion of fireworks hits the Mindflayer.

"Flay this, you ugly piece of shit!" Lucas yells

Lucas, Jamie, and Will launch a salvo of fireworks. The Mind Flayer stumbles as fireworks rain down.

Nancy and Jonathan are on the flank throwing fireworks at the MIndflayer.

"Hey, asshole, over here!" Steve yells as he and Robin take up position.

....

As Billy writhes in pain, Darian crawls towards El, quietly grabbing her arm and silently pulling her towards him. The two get further and further from him and the Mind Flayer.