10

As they descended the stairs hand in hand, they found Diablo's parents engaged in a deep conversation with Giovanni's mother, Luna. The atmosphere was warm, welcoming, and filled with anticipation.

Luna smiled as they approached. "Everything alright?" she asked, her eyes twinkling with affection.

Mr. Melendez, stood up, his expression a mix of curiosity and concern. "Giovanni, my boy," he said, clasping Giovanni's hand in his own, "your mother here tells us there's something important you want to discuss with us."

Giovanni took a deep breath, feeling Diablo's reassuring presence beside him. "Yes, sir," he began, his voice steady despite the nerves fluttering in his stomach. "I... I wanted to talk to you both about something... something very important."

Diablo's mother, gave him an encouraging smile. "You can tell us anything, Giovanni," she said gently, her voice warm and reassuring.

With a glance at Diablo, who nodded encouragingly, Giovanni continued, "Well, um, you see... Diablo and I, we... we're going to have a baby."

There was a moment of stunned silence as the words sank in. Then, Mrs. Melendez let out a delighted gasp, her eyes sparkling with joy. "Oh, Giovanni, that's wonderful news!" she exclaimed, enveloping him in a warm embrace.

Mr. Melendez smiled proudly, his gaze resting on Diablo. "Congratulations, son," he said, his voice filled with genuine happiness. "You're going to be a father."

Diablo's heart swelled with pride and love as he wrapped his arms around Giovanni, feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude and excitement. "Thank you, Dad," he said, his voice choked with emotion. "Thank you both."

Luna beamed at the young couple, her eyes shining with tears of happiness. As she began talking her voice trembling with emotion. "You're going to be amazing parents."

As the initial rush of joy began to settle, Mr. Melendez cleared his throat, his expression thoughtful. "Giovanni, Diablo I would like to talk to the both of you in private if you don't mind," he started, his tone serious yet gentle, "while again this is indeed wonderful news. But there's something we need to discuss as well."

Diablo already understanding where his dad is about to come from ushers them both outside.
Mr. Melendez took a moment to gather his thoughts before continuing. "Giavonni I'm sure that by now you know that our family... well, we're involved in a certain kind of business. And Diablo here is very high up and deeply rooted in that world too."

Giovanni nodded slowly, he already understood this from his first realization of who the man he will call his mate is.

FLASHBACK

I'm Giovanni, Giovanni Ardsley but you could call me Gee"

"Beautiful name, I am Diablo" he responded looking Gee in the eyes

"Last name "

"Huh?!" Diablo responded distracted by Giavonni's plump lips.

"What's your last name," He asks again

"Melendez" Diablo said slowly trying to gage his reaction

"Ohh like the cartel," Giovanni says unfazed

"Yea, baby just like the cartel, Scared ?"

"No, my roommate works for them. Oh, Maybe you know him. His name is Stephen. He says he only runs drugs so he's not big time. But you are, he told me that people who are high up take the last name of the boss which is Melendez. You look too clean to just be high up more like .... Yeah so anyways" Gee stops after making his realization.

Steeping closer Diablo puts his hands on both sides trapping him in and begins to speak.

"Almost like I'm what?”...........

"You're talking about the business with the... underworld connections," he said quietly, remembering.

Diablo's father, sensing the gravity of the conversation, stepped in. "Yes, exactly. It's not something we've kept from you of course I figured that that was one of the initial reasons you ran, but it's a part of our lives. And of course, since you will be becoming a Melendez soon you will be a part of this organization as well”

Diablo's grip tightened around Giovanni's hand, a mixture of apprehension and determination flickering in his eyes. "So, what are you saying, Dad?" he asked, his voice steady despite the turmoil in his heart.

Mr. Melendez sighed heavily, his gaze fixed on his son and Giovanni. "I'm saying that with this news, your connection to our world becomes even more significant. And it raises the question of whether we should inform Giovanni's parents about who we are and the kind of business we handle."

Giovanni's mind raced as he processed the implications of Diablo's father's words. He knew his parents had always been supportive, but revealing such a truth could change everything. Yet, he also understood the importance of honesty and transparency, especially now that they were starting their own family.

Diablo's father continued, his voice firm yet compassionate. "It's a decision that needs to be made together, as a family. But whatever we choose, we must be prepared for the consequences."

Silence fell over them as they grappled with the weight of their choices, knowing that whatever path they chose would shape their future in ways they couldn't imagine.