Chapter 6: The Child of a Deity

Every student woke all fired up as it was the day of the practical assessment. Many debated at the eating hall on who might come out on top. However, the excitement Kitayuu was feeling the day before quickly turned into nervousness. The thought of being an underdog haunted him and he felt as if the training might've not been enough to get him up to standard. He got his tray of food and sat down next to Bennet. Just as he was about to say something Diluc suddenly walked inside the hall and everyone went silent.

"As you all should know, the practical assessment will be starting in roughly 30 minutes. Make sure that you are all prepared as latecomers will not be compensated." He then walked out the hall leaving an awkward silence amongst the students. "I thought they were going to give us more time to prepare." Kitayuu says worryingly as he still hadn't recovered from the morning fatigue with baggy and teary eyes. Barbara notices it and couldn't help but become concerned. "Uhm... Kitayuu are you alright? It looks like you've just pulled an all nighter." Kitayuu for a moment didn't answer until he noticed her waving in front of him. "Oh, it's just that I'm still exhausted from my fight with Bennet yesterday." Barbara shakes her head. "I told you both it was a bad idea, especially for you Kitayuu, I don't think your body has become adapted to your overflowing power yet. It's best that you probably try building more muscle and using your elements more often so that your body can get used to it." All Kitayuu could do was nod in agreement but now that he had eaten he felt that he was energised and ready to take the assessment on. As he stood up to take his tray back to the kitchen, someone walking past had knocked their foot on the leg of the chair. Kitayuu turned around and to his horror... it was Raiden.

The two of them stared at each other for a few moments and the tension between them felt high. "Sorry" Kitayuu said submissively as he began to sit down letting Raiden pass through. Before Kitayuu could make contact with the seat, Raiden swiftly pulled the chair back causing Kitayuu to fall on the floor. Bennet immediately stood up from the other side, "The hell was that for you jerk!" Kitayuu grunts, signaling to Bennet to stand down then turns looking at Raiden angrily. "You know..." says Raiden. "There's also a figurative meaning in this little situation we're in now." He pauses, smiles menacingly then continues. "Where the results for this assessment will be you at rock bottom and me at the very top." He then walked away without saying another word. Barbara whispered to Noelle with an angry expression "Man Raiden pisses me off." Noelle looks at her watch, "It's time to go now" she says as many students started walking out the hall.

Everyone started making their way to the training ground where Diluc was already waiting for them. With no time to waste he immediately went straight to explaining the assessment. "You will all be assessed practically on all different aspects and will be graded with a letter." He then pulls out a sheet of paper displaying what they will be assessed on.

PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT

Power Display:
Strength:
Speed:
Defence:
Endurance:
Elemental Mastery:

GRADING SYSTEM

S- Outstanding
A- Great
B- Good
C- Satisfactory
D- Below Satisfactory
F- Poor

"First you will all be displaying your power by hitting that training dummy with some of your signature moves and tactics. This part of the assessment will be done in front of the class whilst the rest will be done privately in a room just so it makes sure that you guys can't see what the bare minimum is by observing your classmates. This will force everyone to give it their all not knowing how well they did against the rest. I hope I made myself clear. Anyone volunteering to start?" As soon as Diluc asked the question Raiden shot up his hand before the class could process what they just heard. "Sir, I will go first and show all these side characters what true power is." He gave an arrogant smirk looking back at the class. Fischl all of a sudden yelled from the back, "Excuse me?" She said in a sassy tone, "There's a clear misunderstanding here, maybe you are better than anyone else but are you forgetting about me." Raiden seeming annoyed marched up to her aggressively. "Don't forget, that stupid bird does everything for you so are you really worthy of your achievements or is it the bird?"