Chapter 7: To be Number One

When everyone got to the next venue for the assessment, the students were asked to stand in the order that they went for their first demonstration. This meant that Kitayuu would go first, but he didn't really feel up to the task because of the major power gap between him and the strongest students in the class. Before he went in Bennet gave him a pat on the back. "Hey don't stress you're gonna do great!" Kitayuu looked at him and smiled. "Thanks" He then walked through the door into a private training room. Kitayuu admired all the equipment and the facilities that this place held. Diluc who was waiting in the middle couldn't help but chuckle at his admiration. "You seem impressed huh?" Kitayuu looked at him wide eyed, "Why don't we know about this place?" Diluc responded, "Well that's because you can only get a membership after obtaining your weapon license. If you didn't know this practical assessment forms part of the whole licensing examination as well as a written exam coming soon."

"Anyways let's waste no time and start with the assessment

"Anyways let's waste no time and start with the assessment." Throughout the course of 20 minutes Kitayuu was examined on many physical aspects. His strength and muscle endurance was assessed by lifting weights and punching a dummy. Speed and Endurance was assessed on the average speed Kitayuu traveled by running 5 laps around the area. Defense was tested by how well he defended against small attacks from Diluc and elemental mastery was examined by a light sparring match as well as how Kitayuu used his elements against other tutors with different elemental visions. Before he knew it the 20 minutes had passed and Kitayuu was exhausted with sweat dripping down from his face. "You have certainly improved Kitayuu." Diluc said with praise, "It's nice to know you haven't been slacking off, but just try working on your endurance ok?" Kitayuu looked up at him with his palms on his knees panting, "T-Thanks sir, *pant* will do!" He then walked out the door as the next student walked in.

When Kitayuu walked out, he spotted his friend group sitting by a table and joined them. Barbara was the first to notice him and immediately placed her hand on his shoulder slowly healing him. "So how was it? You look exhausted" Kitayuu took a moment as he was still out of breath, "it's a lot tougher than I thought. Just get ready to have a light spar with Diluc and also trying to deal with other attacks from different tutors hehe." Kitayuu took a big sip from his water bottle. "Guys who do you think is the strongest in the class?" Bennet took a while to think about it. "Well... Raiden already knows how to use a domain expansion and if that wasn't enough he is the son of the Raiden Shogun, but I guess Fischl is impressive too." Noelle jumped in which was a pretty rare thing for her to do as she tended to be a bit shy with everyone else other than Barbara. "Uhm... did you see that Keqing girl as well? She's so fast that no one saw her and she split that dummy in half without a sword." Barbara put her hand on her chin, "Yeah, actually I bet she will definitely give Raiden the most competition, but remember the demo isn't everything even though it weighs the most on this assessment. Also anyone can still do well in other categories."

A lot of time passed as the students started being called in and out one by one. Every now and again there was a huge noise coming from inside, especially with some of the stronger students. However, many of them got bored and were eager to get their feedback, some even fell asleep waiting. A bright purple light could be seen coming out the ventilation system as Keqing was busy inside. After many hours of waiting Keqing walked out barely looking like she broke a sweat with Diluc behind her with all the reports and feedback. When he settled everyone down he made a final announcement. "The grades this year are a lot higher than usual which means a lot of you have to put in effort to try and keep up. As some of you know practical assessment marks are given back immediately. I will hand them out one by one and you are free to come to me for feedback in the next 30 minutes. A final thing to add is that the top ten in the class will have a rank on the report. However, those below will just be classified as unranked, but just because you place in top 5 or 3 doesn't mean you can just sit back and relax because I know that many will work hard to try place higher next time." Diluc then started handing the reports out one by one and Kitayuu snatched his as soon as Diluc handed it to him. On it read: