Chapter Forty Two

Rebel smiled wryly. " Watch out for those cute children? Why? They look like angels. "

Dom shook his head. " More like angels from Satan's world. "

" Dom ! They're only children. What are they? Six , seven? "

" They just turned five. Chuck E Cheese banned them from any more birthday parties. Ever. And watch your wallet. August has learned a new trick: pickpocketing. I lost a ten last time I hugged her. "

Ariel Gaines stood on the porch still wearing her Sunday church best clothes. " Hurry up and get the client in the house, Dominic David Gaines! You slow as molasses in the summer. "

Reese finally found the power of speech as he called out," Mr. Autograph...... May I have a Rebel? " Once he realized what he said the bespectacled doctor's pale face flushed red and he hid it against a laughing Eric's chest.

Rebel giggled and ran over to the front porch, taking the steps easily. He stopped in front of Eric and Reese. " No problem. Got a pen and paper? Name's Rebel by the way. Although I do like Autograph too. Either suits me. It's a pleasure meeting you. " He looked at Dom's family who were all crowding on the porch looking at him with much curiosity. "It's a pleasure meeting all of you. "

Dom stood back and watched Rebel charm the socks off his entire family. Suddenly he was scared. How was he going to deal with eventually losing this man? Because this couldn't last after the case was over? Could it?