Chapter Forty Six

( Texts )

Emily: I'm coming to the city soon. Very soon. I want , I need, to talk to you about the boycott.

Rebel: About canceling it ?

Emily: We'll talk about it on Tuesday when I arrive.

Rebel: Fine.

Emily: Ricky Joe, I do love you.

Rebel: Do you even know what that is?

Emily: He's expecting me on Tuesday.

Jed : You mean he's expecting us. Good girl.

Rebel: Bailey, I found the perfect voice to complement me on Bluebirds on Rebel's Delight.

Bailey: What? Who ? Is he or she unionized? Do they have a manager?

Rebel: lol I doubt it. He's an ER doctor. Engaged to a cop. Widowed. Sweet. Shy.
Got the pipes. Name's Reese Malden. I told him and his guy Eric to meet us at the studio tomorrow. Wait till you meet him. Wait till you hear him. He's incredible. You'll shit, piss and cream your pants.

Bailey: How charming. Your country is coming out. As for this doctor I'll be the judge of him.

Eric: Dom ,is he serious about wanting Reese to sing with him? On his new CD?

Dom : Pretty much. He's still talking about it. Although his manager has the last word on it. And the producers of course.

Eric: Yeah? Well they better not break his heart by saying no. See ya tomorrow.

Marco: Dom , I'm making progress on this Jed business. I may know who he is. Give me a couple days though.