Chapter Thirty Three

Dom had drifted off to sleep while holding Rebel but when he woke up he was alone in Rebel's bed.

His skin grew cold. He had planned on texting Marco about searching for an older prominent man in Geary , Arkansas but now all he wanted was to find Rebel.

As he strode down the long winding staircase he heard it.

The most beautiful and haunting sound he had ever heard in his life.

Rebel was singing.

            I never told you
            I thought you knew
            Maybe you did
            Maybe you didn't
            I'm sorry
            I'm sorry
            I thought there was more time
            I love you
            You were my first hero
             My first friend
             My everything
             I love you
             Daddy

His eyes clouded over with tears. He stood at the bottom of the staircase watching his Rebel in a pair of silk cream white PJs , his long thick gold waves of hair as free as his soul should be. Rebel was playing the hell out of that piano.  He had never heard that song before. Rebel usually did hard rock mixed with an almost bluesy style.

Dom started moving towards him as the luscious words washed over him.

Rebel looked up from the piano keys in sudden surprise and stopped playing. Dom began to clap. Rebel smiled and stood up to bow grandly.

" Thank you, most kind sir. Do you have any special requests? "

Dom smiled. " Yes , Tesoro , come kiss me. "

And to his delight Rebel did.

( Tesoro - Italian for darling, literally treasure)