The old devil

"Aru? Aru k-kya hua tujhe ye k-khoon" Raashi stuttered in utter confusion. Aarya covered her mouth and ran into the washroom. She coughed blood and after a few minutes washed her mouth. She breathed heavily as tears ran down her cheeks. She didn't know what exactly happened to her but no words came out of her mouth. Her throat felt like getting pierced by hundreds of needles. Raashi was about to go behind Aarya but her elder brother called her and engaged her in some work. Aarya felt miserable and she walked into her room. She sat there, shaking her legs and clutching her dress, waiting for Raashi. 

"Raashi please jaldi aaja...I need you" Aarya thought and wiped her tears.

"Aru!" Raashi stood out of the room and when she took a step towards Aarya, Vijay caught her and said

"Āme daggariki veḷlavaddu! Āme kōviḍ bārina paḍi uṇḍavaccu mariyu āme paṭla mī telivitakkuva prēma avasaraṁ lēdu. Mariyu bhūmipai mī samasya ēmiṭō nāku teliyadā? Mīru āmeku dūraṅgā uṇḍalērā? Mīru udayaṁ nuṇḍi akṣarālā āmeku atukkupōyāru! Vāru mana kulāniki cendina vāru kādani maricipōkaṇḍi mariyu ī vyaktulu mana gauravāniki aṅguḷaṁ kūḍā ar'hulu kādu! Āme mī bāy‌phreṇḍ lēdā bhartalā naṭin̄caḍaṁ mānēsi, mī parimitullō uṇḍaṇḍi! Blaḍī mānipyulēṭar‌lārā, āme kuṭumbaṁ mim'malni tārumāru cēsindi! Vāru mī vaipu nuṇḍi ī cikitsaku ar'hulu kādu ippuḍu āmeku dūraṅgā uṇḍaṇḍi!" Vijay said in his native language. But unfortunately, Aarya understood his each word which hurt her more. All he said was:-

"Don't go near her! She might have been infected with covid and no need for your stupid affection for her. And I don't know what on earth is your problem. Can't you just stay away from her? You've literally stuck to her since morning! Don't forget they're not from our caste and these people don't even deserve an inch of our respect! Stop acting like she is your boyfriend or husband and stay within your limits! Her family has manipulated you, bloody manipulators! They don't deserve this treatment from your side now stay away from her!"

Aarya clutched her dress tighter and went into the washroom. She washed her face multiple times and tried to prevent herself from crying but all went in vain. A tight knot formed in her throat and she needed to cry out loud but she couldn't. 

"Aru" Raashi whispered and closed the door of the washroom. She went near Aarya to hug her but Aarya pushed her away.

"A-aru I'm sorry... I know tune meri aur dad ki baat sun li aur tujhe telugu samajhta hai but trust me he is that typical Brahman guy I don't think like him! You know na, wo waise hi hai chhod na unko. Please tu unki baat dil pe mat le hmm? You need me right now. T-tu bata mujhe, kya ho raha hai tujhe baccha? Are you okay? Bata na" Raashi said while cupping Aarya's cheeks. Aarya looked at her with a disgusted face and ran away pushing Raashi aside. 

"FUCK YOU DAD!" Raashi groaned and punched the sink meanwhile Aarya again went into her room and sat there crying.

"Aru?" Aditi entered the room and sat on her knees in front of Aarya.

"Kya hua baccha tu yaha kyu hai? Aur tu ro kyu rahi hai?" Aditi asked while caressing Aarya's cheeks meanwhile Aarya hugged her tightly and bursted into tears. She signalled to Aditi that her voice had gone temporarily and her throat was hurting.

"O-okay, calm down hmm?" Aditi said and checked her temperature.

"Tu chal, kuch kha le phir mai kyu syrup de dungi aur ro mat sab thik ho jaayega," Aditi said, wiping Aarya's tears. Aarya nodded and went with Aditi. All were lost in their world and no one cared about Aarya's absence. For the nth time, Aarya felt being a 'not so important' person in anyone's life. She at least expected Raashi to be there but maybe thi was the end of their bond. When Aarya entered the hall, Anshuman spotted her and called Raashi.

"Arey Raashu! Jara Aru ko saath le jaa aur dono khaana kha lo jaldi chalo late ho gaya hai" Anshuman said when Raashi came near them.

"Ji bhaiya," Raashi said and held Aarya's hand. Aarya waited for Anshuman to leave and once he left, Aarya jerked Raashi's hand and went away without looking at Raashi for once. Raashi thought of giving her time and left her alone.

Aarya sat in a corner and thought for a while. She took out her mobile and texted Raashi.

"Raashi, I'm sorry. But I can't. agar itna hi problem hai mere lower caste hone se to bass we shouldn't be friends anymore. Hum mein waise bhi bohot differences hai. Tu smart hai and I'm a bloody special child with disabilities. Tu academically aur in general intelligent hai aur mai? Mujhe kuch samajh aata hi nahi! Your father thinks that if you'd be friends with me to tumhare khandaan pe kalank lagega to fine, LET'S END THIS. You think mujhe covid hai? Stay away. Forever. I just don't think we should see each other anymore. That's it. Goodbye!"

"Aru, meet him. Ye hai tere chachu" Siddharth said while standing with a person looking exactly like him. Aarya smiled and whispered.

"Siddhant chachu" She hugged him when he asked.

"Teri awaaj ko kya hua?" Aarya nodded no as she couldn't speak anymore.

"Bhaiya aapne isko mere baare mein bata rakha hai? Generally log do-do Siddharth ko dekh ke behosh ho jaate par ye bilkul chill hai jab hum peheli baar mile hai waah!" Siddhant, Siddharth's twin said.

"Haha, of course tere baare mein bataunga hi na" Siddharth said. 

"Aur Aru, ye hai Siddhant chachu ka beta, Akhil" Siddharth introduced when Aarya forcibly smiled again.

"Hi Aru," Akhil said. And soon, the function ended. Siddhant, his wife Khushi, and Akhil got shifted back to Sarnath. They were in London for the last 17 years and now after completing their son's education, they came back and joined the family. 

It was midnight when Siddharth was sitting beside Aarya's sleeping figure and he was caressing her hair. Aditi entered the room and saw them. She headed towards the balcony when a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist and cold lips touched her neck. She frowned and pushed her husband away.

"Just stay away," She whispered and turned to leave when he gripped her wrist tightly and pulled her towards him. Her hands rested on his chest and eyes widened seeing him smirking. He was the old devil again.

"Chhodo mujhe" She warned while wriggling.

"Nahi" He whispered and bit her neck when she pushed him harshly.

"THIS IS DISGUSTING! I HATE YOU!" Aditi yelled and winced the next moment as he grabbed her hair in his fist and pulled her closer.

"No, you don't" Siddharth said while wrapping his free hand around her waist. Aditi looked at him with tearful eyes and sobbed helplessly.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY DAUGHTER!?" She cried. Siddharth smirked wider and looked at Aarya.

TBC