The Lead

A/N: TW: Mention of vomit

They exited the elevator once they reached the right floor, Stu went straight to look for Doug at the gym and as the front desk if they had seen him. Marley joined Phil, Alan and 'Carlos' in grabbing a table and getting something to eat, though she didn't think she could stomach any food right now. She decided to stick to a glass of water, trying to get rid of the dryness in her throat.

After a while, Stu joined them. "I looked everywhere. Gym, Casino, Front Desk. No one's seen Doug. He's not here."

"Fuck." Marley covered her face with her hands, filled with dread wondering where on earth her brother could've got to.

"He's fine! He's a grown man!" Phil reasoned, picking up a glass of orange juice, "Seriously, Stu, you need to calm down. Here have some juice."

Just at the sight of the juice alone, Stu heaved and threw up onto the ground in front of them. Marley covered her own mouth, trying not to throw up herself. Behind Stu, an older couple were sat, glaring daggers at them. She gave them an apologetic wave as she rubbed Stu's back.

"Okay, alright. Let's just track this thing." Phil grabbed the napkin next to him and pulled a pen out of his pocket, classic teacher behaviour. He began writing down what they did the night before, "What's the last thing we remember doing last night?"

"Well, the first thing we were doing was, we were on the roof and we were having the shots of Jäger." Alan provided. Stu then retched slightly at the mention of Jäger.

"And then we ate dinner at the Palm. Right?" Phil continued.

"That's right." Marley responded, she could just about remember sitting down at their table and ordering a Sex on the Beach, Phil making a joke to follow it. But after that, nothing. She could barely remember what she ate at the dinner.

Alan spoke up again, "And then, we played craps at the Hard Rock. I think Doug was there?"

"He definitely was." Phil assured, continuing his list of events on the napkin.

"You know what, guys, I don't even remember going to dinner." Stu frowned.

"I know!" Phil said, slamming the pen down in frustration, "What the fuck? I don't I've ever been this hungover."

"I remember ordering a drink at dinner, after that, my mind is just blank." Marley took another sip of her water.

"After the Hard Rock, I blacked out, it was like emptiness hahaha." Alan gave a strange laugh, making the others look at him in annoyance, not finding the matter at hand funny at all.

Phil picked up the napkin and read over it, "We have up until 10pm, which means we have a 10 hour window where we could've lost him."

"What is this?" Alan was holding up something small and white. Marley took a closer look and covered her mouth in shock.

"That's my tooth!" Stu spoke angrily, "Why do you have that? What else is in your pockets?"

"No, this is a good thing. Everyone check your pockets." Phil told them. Marley obviously didn't have pockets last night and wasn't even wearing her dress, but she had brought the same purse she had used. She opened it up and found her lipstick and a few dollar bills. At the bottom of it, she found a cheap looking gold ring that she definitely hadn't worn the night before. Where the fuck did she get a ring?

"I have an ATM receipt from the Bellagio." Stu held up a small piece of white paper, "11:05 for eight hundred dollars! I am so fucked!"

Marley set the gold ring onto the table, "I have a ring that I wasn't wearing last night. Probably just picked it up from somewhere."