The Plan

Once they got back to the hotel, everyone was set on finding the purse. Everyone checked their respective bedrooms, tearing through their wardrobes, drawers, under the beds. Nothing. Phil searched the bar. Nothing. Marley searched behind every curtain and in the bathrooms. Nothing. Stu looked in the living area, under every single couch cushion. Nothing.

Alan came out of Doug's bedroom, "Guys, I'm telling you, I looked for it this morning before we left. It's not anywhere."

"Fuck!" Phil had searched the bar twice now, he leaned against it with a look of defeat on his face. "Stu? How much you got in the bank?"

"About 10 grand, maybe more. I was gonna use it for the wedding."

"Well you're already married, so we're good there." Phil quipped back at him.

Marley heard their exchange as she left the bathroom, "Enough with Melissa. She's the worst."

"Yeah, Doug told me she had sex with a pilot, or something like that." Alan said, making Marley laugh slightly.

Stu gave him a glare, "It was a bartender on a cruise. What is wrong with you people?"

Alan was lifting a couch cushion to look under it and found a slice of pizza. He took a bite out of it without hesitation.

Marley could've thrown up, "Ew, Alan, did you just eat sofa pizza?"

"Yes." Alan stated, as if she was stupid to question him. He put the cushion back and kneeled down to look under the couch.

"What are we gonna do? We are so fucked." Phil said.

"Hey, guys?" Alan's voice came from behind the couch.

"Did you find it?" Marley asked him.

"Nope. But check this out." He held up his copy of 'The World's Greatest Blackjack Book'.

Had Alan actually given them a good idea? It was illegal, sure. But, it was their best shot of getting the large sum of money in such a short time. All they needed was a solid plan.

Phil had them all sit down together to discuss what was happening, "Alan, you're gonna need to look like he's some guy of importance, we have to make sure no one else is gonna want to fuck with you. So, we'll get you dressed up nice and I'll stand with you as a bodyguard. Stu, you join the table once Alan has found his feet and play against him, got it?"

Stu nodded, "Sweet."

"Impeccable planning, Phil." Alan gave him a smile.

He then turned to Marley, "Barbie, I want you to join Stu and act like his date. You won't need to play so you can keep a look at behind Alan."

Marley thought about it for a moment, then realised they were only focusing on being at the table itself. "Bad idea. What if someone sees what Alan is doing from afar and we don't see them tell security because we're all at the one table? I'll sit further away at the bar and use my charm to distract security."

"I don't like the sound of that." Phil shook his head.

"Phil, don't be ridiculous." She scoffed at him.

"Alright fine." Phil came to his senses, thankfully, "But we can't have Stu playing at the table by himself."

"Um, hello?" Marley said, mocking how no one could see the obvious solution, "What about his wife?"

Stu fake-laughed at her comment, "Ha Ha. So not happening."

"Come on, Stu. It's the perfect plan." Phil said, giving him a look in attempt to give him courage, "We do this, and we get Doug back, then we leave Vegas behind. This is all it takes."