Annulment

"Two weddings! Wow, we are crazy." Alan laughed. Marley couldn't even bring herself to laugh. She didn't know what to feel. Part of her was happy to know she didn't marry a stranger, like Stu had. But she didn't know what to think about marrying Phil.

Phil started to flip through the photo album, the next picture showed Phil carrying Marley bridal style as she kissed him on the cheek. Another picture showed them alongside Doug, Stu, Alan and Stu's wife all smiling, Doug holding his sister's hand up pointing at the ring. Marley's brother seemed to be ecstatic about the marriage from his expression in the pictures.

"You know, I really didn't see that coming." Phil was smirking as he looked at the final picture in the album, a picture of the two of them, arms wrapped around each other and gazing into each others eyes. He looked at Marley and all of a sudden his smirk fell and she couldn't tell why. It was as if he had realised something in that moment.

"What's in the boxes?" Alan asked Eddie.

"The high roller package. It's what you guys ordered." He opened up the box and pulled out a coffee mug and a baseball cap both with a picture of Stu and Jade on it, "Mugs, caps and fancy calendars, all with pictures of Stu and Jade." He lifted out a calendar with 'Stu and Jade' written across it. "You two lovebirds too busy making out on altar to order anything." He laughed at Phil and Marley.

"Her name's Jade?" Marley asked.

"Yeah, she's beautiful." Eddie explained, "Clean, tits like that." He motioned to his own chest, gesturing big boobs, Marley scoffed at him. "But that's only because she had a baby."

"That explains Carlos!" Alan smiled, nudging Marley's shoulder.

"Eddie, do you do annulments here?" Phil quickly interjected, a look of full seriousness on his face. "We need these marriages annulled, immediately."

"Of course I do annulments. It breaks my heart and going to make me very sad, but it's no problem. I can't do it with just Stu, I need both parties." He looks between Phil and Marley, "You both getting annulled too? You seemed so happy."

Marley looked at Phil with a look of confusion. Her mind began to race. How could Phil be so aggravated with the fact he was married to her after just telling her how he feels about her? Was Phil sworn off of marriage after being married to Stephanie? She knew it would have been a rushed marriage, seeing as they only confessed their feelings for one another about twenty minutes prior, but he said he had felt that way for a long time. Was he lying?

"Give me a minute." Marley breathed out and rushed out of the chapel's front entrance. The thoughts of Phil lying to her were crazy, she knew he would never lie to her. But she couldn't help but overthink. She leaned against the building's wall, the sound of the door opening abruptly made her jump. Out of the chapel walked Phil.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He stood in front of her, a look of concern on his face. "It's okay if you didn't want to marry me, Barbie. We can just get it annulled and we can forget it ever happened. Okay?"

"Is that what you want?" She asked him.

Phil let out a sigh, "If this has made you realise that you don't really have those feelings for me anymore, just say it. We can move on."

Marley looked into his eyes, she noticed the same look he had when they were outside the convenience store, when he was trying to tell her why he didn't like the thought of her being married. "Of course I still have those feelings for you, Phil. But can I just ask you something?"

"Anything."

"Why were you so sure you wanted to get the annulment?" She regretted asking it straight away, she was prying. But she had to know. "Is it because you had a bad marriage?"