Chapter 7

5 years later...

Hunter puts his dog pack to a difficult test. After buying himself school books, Hunter dedicates his free time to schooling. After three years and eleven months, Hunter completes an astonishing seven years worth of grade and high school. He has now earned a satisfactory GPA score for college. It is Hunter's dream to enroll in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. However, the thought of going to one of the most difficult and elite universities makes Hunter uneasy. Hunter is determined when it comes to learning and creating, but why is he hesitating now? Was he ready? Will MIT reject him? Hunter, full of regret, decides against going. Maybe next year, he'll be ready. Soon after this, Jeff and Max agreed to teach Hunter police and detective work. Blaze, Marshall's father, also agreed to teach Hunter some fire skills.

"First tinkering skills, then schooling, and now police training?" Indy says, keeping his eye on the conveyor belt, "Keep this up and you will know every skill and fact by the end of the decade." Hunter chuckles at the thought. Imagine a dog knowing how to do everything.

"One skill at a time Indy." Hunter says back. Hunter pauses before speaking.

"How are your children doing?"

Indy turns to face Hunter, "They are amazing. All of them have a job. Except Rocky. He wants a recycling job like me, but the recycling center's not hiring. He's living with Amber and I and our owners until he finds the right job."

Rocky is a bright young dog, around four years of age. He has the same looks as his father. Rocky found an interest in tinkering and creating unique contraptions out of recycled materials, like Hunter. Hunter became like an instructor to him. Hunter enjoys his time creating contraptions and simple machines with Rocky at his side.

"I'm sure an opportunity will show itself." Hunter says to his friend. Hunter feels guilty in saying that. He hopes Rocky does not make the mistake in procrastinating a life decision like he did. The work whistle blows, signaling the end of another day.

Hunter, Indy, and Amber belong to me.
Jeff, Max, and Blaze belong to ThreadyRumble.
Marshall and Rocky belong to spinmaster.