Defenseless Feelings

Day 4

Angel sat on his bed as he watched one of Husk's workers hang all of the clothes he had bought yesterday. He could do it himself, of course, but Husk insisted and who would say no to that? But, without his phone things were quite boring for the tall spider. He was used to filling awkward silence by distracting himself on his phone, catching up with the latest trends and slangs, and keeping up with the latest gossip in hell. But without it, he's forced to face the reality of how things are in front of him.

He sat on his newly made bed that are now thick pink sheets with a soft pink blanket and his stuffed animals surrounding him. Husk silently insulted him for picking out toys when they were supposed to only be shopping for clothes, but his "professional" demeanor slipped and Angel noticed his judgy face expression. Of course, what was supposed to be a clothing shopping trip also turned into a makeup trip and a full room makeover with a ton of facial care supplies and different necessities for his teeth. He was happy for everything he got, especially the multiple cozy pillows and stuffed animals that were now displayed on his bed.

He sat crisscrossed as he brought a pink pig stuffed animal to his lap, it was to remind him of fat nuggets for the time being while he's away. The maid back at the vee's tower would take care of him, he was kind of sure of it. Sure, he treated her like a half decent human being, that was if the human being was a loner nerd in a high school of drugged up drop out students, but that really shouldn't give her a reason to just ignore the pig now that he was gone, right?

He held his knees close as the random female worker finished up tidying the closet, with only a small pile of his recently bought clothes left to hang. "So.. Um, lady?" Angel said as the lady slightly turned her head towards him, indicating she was listening, but kept continuing her work. "How's ya boss like? Y'know, since I might be working here soon." Every second going by was making the spider more nervous, he wasn't sure if Val was coming. At first, he assumed at the first day being there Val would for sure come get him. But he never did. Now, it's only a matter of time. Three more days.

He'd be pissed, if he hadn't known what the new overlord was like now. Yeah, he still doesn't give a fuck about him. But hey, he bought him stuff, and so far never used the chains to his advantage. Might as well try to get as much information as he can to prep himself for what work would be like if he actually goes through with everything. She gave him a soft smile, one that gave him nothing but comfort.

And he hated it.

He hated how he hasn't been hit yet.

He hated how he hasn't been beat yet.

He's been everything but obedient, so why hasn't Husk done anything to him?

He deserved it.

And he hated how he hasn't gotten what he deserved yet.

"He treats us well." She stated bluntly as she continued to pick up another freshly bought dress and hang it up. Well? Treats them "well"? Angel chuckled and held his toy pig closer and laid his head on the pig's back, his cheek squishing as he nuzzled the fake pig. "You can be honest with me, babe. What's he really like? Is the beating bad? Are his threats hot or does he literally just smack you around?" The woman paused and looked at Angel with a horrified look, and he could see and sense the sympathy in her eyes.

And God knows how much he fucking hates sympathy.

"Oh deer no, we don't get beat!" She exclaimed with her high pitched tone. Angel tilted his head  that was still firmly placed on his stuffed animal fat nuggets, and genuinely looked lost, which made the female even sadder. "Ya get fucked? Honestly didn't think that old man could get it up since he kept denying my offer-"