Studies of Hell

Poke

Poke

Poke

"Uhm, Nobu?"

Poke

Poke

Poke

"What're you doing? Husk what is she doing?"

Husk stared from a distance as Nobu continued to poke at Angel's stomach. "Poke! Poke! Poke!" She said between the nudges her finger met with Angel's stomach. "You are so thin! This won't do!" Husk shook his head and crossed his arms. "I've tried, and y'know what he told me?" He said with a smirk, and Nobu turned to look at him, her expression clearly intrigued and paying attention. Angel however, tilted his head in confusion. What did he tell him again?

His eyes met Husk's, and the overlord could see his confusion on Angel's face. The way his head tilted slightly, those mismatched eyes fixed on Husk waiting to see what it was that he said all those nights ago. It was a simple gesture, something so different compared to the usual hateful glare Angel would usually give him, and the horrified looks others would give him. Without knowing it, the smile on Husk's face widened even more.

"He said fruit and yogurt has too much natural sugar and it's bad for the brain."

She shook her head and stood up straight, her height no match for Angel's, yet he still jumped slightly just at the simple gesture of her pointing her finger angrily at him. Gee, did Rico get to him in some way? Or was it the odd feeling he's getting from her? She's welcoming, yet a tad harsh. He can't put his finger on it with her, she's clearly faking something but the last time he assumed that he was somehow the bad guy. But what is it with her?

Why is she so short? She's clearly well over her twenties, possibly thirties. Yet her form is shorter than an average height demon, but taller than those tiny demons that were cursed with such a small frame. Or blessed, depending on who you're asking. She looks different, yet normal. Angel's eyes focused intensely on the slightly visible veins on her skin, but they faded quickly after he was suddenly jabbed.

"Ow!" He held his now aching ribcage. "What was that for?!" She crossed her arms as she gave Angel a scolding look. "You do not eat properly and you are not properly educated." She stated as she started jabbing him again and again, too harshly for his liking and still invading Angel's personal space. "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" She said. Angel's body moved on instinct and self defense and slapped her finger away, the sound echoing in the spacious white room.

The room looked empty besides the many plants that scattered the place, nothing else in sight besides plants and more plants, along with the glass over their head that shone that red light from the sky inside. He's surprised that she even managed to grow one plant. There isn't much plants down in Hell besides dead ones. It is Hell, so living things should be dead, yet he stands in a room full of life now. The plants weren't in any specific order. To him, it looked like just random plants scattered around an empty white room. Sketchy.

She gasped, then lightly smacked Angel back on his wrist. "Naughty!" She said, pointing her finger at Angel again. Nobu isn't being harsh on him like Val was, but she also isn't being too nice to him like Rico was. This girl is a mix of everything, not hot and not cold. Simple and warm, yet a bit closer to the colder side. Specific and unpredictable, and she's Husk's loyal guard?

Nobu definitely has to be a VIP if she's his top guard. He took note of that, he's going to have to remember all VIP members if he wants to remember who has access to Husk's top floor and who Husk puts his trust in. Who knows, maybe soon Angel will be a VIP member. The thought made Angel smile. If he's a VIP, Val would be so proud of him. He would praise him like he always does, tell him what he's been craving to hear and hold him the same way he always does when it's just him and Val.