Poor Excuses

It's been three days since he's seen Husk.

Damn it.

If he wants to get this thing over with then he'll need to get to Husk now. Val doesn't like delaying things that don't need them. Today is his first day on the job, and while Angel sits on his vanity applying his makeup, he begins to try and plan out what exactly he's going to need.

He needs to get to Husk, get close with him. It wasn't a problem before, since he wasn't allowed to leave. But now? Now he's allowed to do whatever the hell he wants. And while he would've loved to have as much freedom as he does now during the first week he stayed with him, he actually needs Husk to follow him around and keep his eyes on him. Even though last week that's the exact opposite of what he wanted.

Ugh. Husk isn't one to get close with his staff though. He knows that much. He needs to know more, but nobody's answering him, or talking to him actually. Angel's well aware that he's had a bad history of Husk's staff, and I guess word got around because now nobody was talking to him the one time he actually wants to talk to them! Every time he passes by everyone hides. As if he was the one in the wrong.

Well fuck them, because he wasn't. What is this, high school? Rumors being spread like wildfire? Seriously, they need to grow up. Or be more mature? I don't know it's hell I'm not sure they can grow anymore. Point is, it wasn't even Angel's fault that his interactions with them haven't came out right. The lady fixing his clothes was lying to him, sugar coating things that shouldn't be in hell. She was giving him false hope and ran out crying because it didn't work on him. And he was the one in the wrong?

Alfonzo was just for fun. Pissing off a fat ass head chef was just one of those "fuck around and find out" moments Angel decided to have last second, and what's so bad with a little fun? He didn't ever get to have this much freedom back at the tower, and frankly he was just doing anything he could to get back to Val sooner. But now he wasn't going to. Not until he gets that meeting with Alastor.

Angel's body physically shivered at the thought of him. He couldn't forget what he's done. The screaming of those people he hurt, children crying, the blood splattering, it was one thing to see it in a movie, but fuck.. Seeing it on Vox's camera shouldn't have been different, yet it sent the same amount of horror through the spider's body as if he was witnessing it right in front of him. The horror of Alastor shredding their skin, gutting them open in front of their children, and for the first time.. He was actually scared. Scared of someone other than Val.

He knows this is Hell, but someone that cruel should not own that much power.

..How much power did Husk have exactly..?

Angel scanned the area for any sign of Husk. You would think the owner of the big shot casino would be doing what any good overlord does and gets his ass to work on his own floor, but this clearly wasn't the case. Val worked his ass off to write the scripts, get the perfect actors, knows the perfect camera angles, but where was Husk?

He stood up from his seat with his drink in hand. The vibe or whatever you call it that the bartender gave off to Angel made him livid, and if he wanted to get on Husk's good side, he better back off the bartender. He slipped his hand to grab a drink off the small imp's tray that he was carrying to a table and managed to do it without getting caught, walking away from the angry table that was now one drink short.

Something about that fat ass crybaby bartender gave Angel a weird feeling. Not lust, but comfort. And he didn't like it.

The way he looked at others showed nothing but a kind and welcoming heart, and Angel wanted nothing but to tear that fucked up mentality of his down. Show him reality, the way things are down here in Hell. You can't smile at other demons like that, that's not how this works. It isn't how any of this works, you can't be happy down here. You just can't!