A fight

A/N- I found this so funny to write for some reason! Wish me luck on my exams tommorow 🤞

Tell me what happened, one more time, but more calmly.”

Gladion leaned against the headboard of his bed. His eyes gazed over ash's face, particularly his swollen right eye. It was purple and badly bruised, and if Gladion was honest, it worried him a lot. But of course, the minute he picked Ash up from the nurse’s office and took him straight to his house, Gladion made sure he wasn’t bleeding within his eyes.

Ash took a deep breath in as Gladion gently dabbed the ice pack on his black eye. “Remember how you let me borrow your sweater? It was so warm and cozy, thank you by the way! Yeah, well, anyways, I had left it in my seat in Professor Kukui's classroom, right? I was minding my own business, Gladion! All I wanted was to get your sweater back! But then Beck Hawking (idk I picked a random name) hovering over my desk, holding your sweater, dangling it over his fat head! And then we make eye contact--”

Gladion let out a small laugh. “So you threw punches at this dude, because of my sweater?”

“Well, he started calling you names--”

Gladion brought the other boy closer. He couldn’t believe his actual boyfriend got into a fight just for a sweater. His sweater, to be specific.

“You’re an idiot,” Gladion mumbled softly. “Come here.”

Ash complied instantly, falling into Gladion's arms, fitting into him like a missing puzzle piece, waiting to be placed to complete the actual puzzle. Gladion was convinced, alright, no other person could fit this perfectly into his arms like Ash.

His boyfriend looked up at him, his hazel eyes clouded with worry. “You’re not mad at me, right?”

“Nah, more like disappointed.”

“You sound like professor burnet.”

“Don’t compare me to your parental figure, it’s weird.” Gladion paused slightly. “Unless you’re into that.”

WHACK.

“Ash! I was kidding!” Gladion burst out laughing as Ash jumped out of his arms and started hitting him with the pillows of Gladion's bed. The homemade ice pack fell to the floor, the blond haired boy following after.

“Ash, stay still! We don’t want your eye all purple and oozy. It’s gross!”

Ash sighed, his back now against the mattress of Gladion's bed. “Yeah, I suppose.”

Gladion settled in next to Ash. “Hey, are you okay?”

“I mean, it was dumb of me to get into a fight with someone over a sweater,” Ash mumbled. God he sounded so sad . “But Gladion, it’s your sweater. Everyone knows we’re dating at this point, this could’ve been easily avoided if he didn’t grab something that wasn’t his! You’re not his, meaning your clothing wasn’t his! I know for a fact he saw me wear that today, I don’t know why he wanted to rile me up so much! Now I’m suspended, grounded for life, and ugly.”

Gladion let out a quiet, barely audible laugh. He placed his head on ash's chest, and looked him straight in those hazel brown eyes. “Your injury is ugly, yeah, but you aren’t. So shut up already.”

In regular situations, Gladion was embarrassed to show as much affection as Ash constantly displayed. But this isn’t a regular situation, his boyfriend got in a fight with someone. And he was seriously hurt and bummed.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, also don’t let this get to you so much. He's probably pissy because I rejected him last semester.”

Gladion sensed Ash stiffen.

“Calm down, ash, I’ve always had a crush on you and you only, okay? It’s impossible not to fall for you.”

Ash laughed, and that itself could warm a frozen lake. “I’m not surprised he liked you, you’re incredible in every way.”

Gladion felt warmth crawling up his neck and to his cheeks. He swallowed the embarrassment from Ash's compliment, and placed a chaste kiss on Ash's lips.

“Promise me one thing, ash.”

Ash tilted his head to a side, a dopey smile decorated his lips. “Hm?”

“Don’t get into another fight, please. I just read up on black eyes and they really last a while. It's unfortunate, really.”

“Even if I’m fighting for your honor?”

“...Even when you're fighting for my honor, now I better unlock the door before Pikachu ends up breaking in.”

A/N- it's shorter then normal, how you guys don't mind!

Words-739