On the run

(Dw lactose intolerant folks, there were lactose intolerant options in the ice cream shop)

I grabbed my keys, swiping a piece of hair behind my ear.

𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐲!!

The ice cream shop would close in a short 15 minutes, and I promised myself a cone. I mean, cmon, it's my favorite and I haven't had it in a few days. You can't blame me for going last minute, I had a shit load of chores to do anyways.

I sprinted down the stairs, breathing heavily. Why the hell does this place have to close so damn early?

"Mom! Mooom!" I yelled, running into the kitchen.
She was leaning on the countertop, scrolling through whatever on her phone.

"What are you in a rush for? Are you dieing?" She asked sarcastically.
I rolled my eyes at her statements and shook my keys in the air.

"I'm gonna head to that ice cream shop down the road. Yes, I did vacuum the upstairs and clean my room!" I told her, in a rush.
She shooed me out of the room, trying to get me out.

"Good, I don't need you invading my cooking area!" She said jokingly.
I laughed and ran out of the room.

When I reached the front door, I practically ripped it open and slammed it behind me. My steps picked up until I reached my black car, hopping in quickly. I jammed the keys into my car, turning it and hearing the groan of the engine. I noticed a small icon flashing on my car screen, showing a gas tank.

𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤! 𝐈𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐚𝐬.

I sighed and shifted the gear into reverse, exiting the driveway and eventually speeding away.
___

"It's okay to eat fish, cause they don't have any feelings-" My Nirvana craze was interrupted, hearing a loud bang as I sped through the city.
I flinched and my breath caught into my throat.

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭?

"I swear if the ghostbusters are out this damn late.." I mumbled to myself.
You can't really blame me for saying that, it was 8:50 pm.

They are usually out from 9:00 am-5:30 pm, but not this late. I continued speeding down the road, before seeing an odd looking car parked in front of the ice cream shop. I pulled into the parking lot and put my car to a halt.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐄?!

I had never seen the ectomobile in person, I parked into a spot before staring out the window in awe at it. That was until, I saw a large, light blue creature in front of me. I couldn't even describe it, it was levitating. It was horrifying to say the least.

𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆?!

I found myself a bit scared, so I decided to crawl over to the passenger seat and get out there. I can't risk losing my ice cream for some ghostbusters shenanigans.. I crouched down behind my car, peeking past the headlights. The strange thing seemed to be hiding, it moved slowly and carefully. Without thinking, I stood up and began sprinting to the door.

"NOT TODAY SATAN!" I yelled as I gripped the handle tightly.
It was all fun and games until I pulled, and the door never came open.

That's when I saw the closed sign plastered onto the door. I gulped and looked to my right, the creature staring at me.

𝐀𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭. 𝐈𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐞.

It started slowly moving toward me, and I stood there frozen in fear. I could hear a faint snarl come from the creature, making me even more terrified. At this point I accepted my fate, I didn't wanna waste my time running when I was already gonna die.