First day jitters

(Takes place a little before season one, just a little wholesome chapter abt the you guys meeting preference❤️)

I biked through the lot, passing the parked busses and skirting to a stop.

"𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐑𝐑𝐑𝐓!"

I then got off of my bike, wheeling it to the bike stands. The bike fit inside perfectly, and I just happened to notice there were multiple bikes parked too.

I shrugged it off, unbothered. The voices of kids sounded around me, laughs and excited tones erupting.

I turned around and began walking through the kids, looking at all of the new faces. Some eighth graders, sixth, and of course more of my kind, seventh graders.

I searched for my friend, peering past the kids surrounding me. I began jogging through, hoping to find Will soon enough.

Eventually I reached the school front, coming to a halt and looking around for him. I slowly lost a bit of hope, until it spiked up again at a sight.

I saw the boy, his brown hair and vest visible. My smile grew, running through the kids and slowly creeping up behind him.

I noticed a few boys surrounding will, seemingly around our age. I lifted my hands, covering his eyes from behind him.

"Guess who!" I happily commanded.
Will flinched a little, soon laughing and smiling.

"Y/N it's you, isn't it?" He guessed, getting it correct.

I dropped my hands from his eyes, laughing back and turning him around. His brown eyes laid upon me, taking in the sight.

Will willingly pulled me into a hug, almost as if he hasn't hugged me in years. However, we saw each other over summer countless times.

I leaned into him, breathing in his delightful scent of laundry detergent. Soon we both pulled away, smiling at each other.

"Finally got a girlfriend huh will?" I heard a voice say from behind him jokingly.

He turned back to his friends, me standing next to will and seeing who it was that commented. It came from a slightly taller, curly haired, dark skinned boy.

"Shut up Lucas, she's a a friend. Best friend of four years to be exact." Will mumbled back to his friend.

Lucas chuckled, soon looking to me. I came to notice two boys stood next to Lucas as well.

One of them had brown, curly hair with what seemed to be missing teeth. He looked sweet, like a good friend.

"I'm Dustin, nice to meet you-" Dustin was interrupted by the last boy, on the other side of Lucas.

"Who are you?" He said slightly mockingly.

I brought my eyes to look at him, admiring his soft features. He had pale, pasty skin with freckles lining his cheeks.

His hair was black and curly, framing his jawline nicely. Not to mention his plump, pink lips.

"Oh, my name is Y/N. Nice to meet you!" I said warmly.

He gave me a look that seemed he was disapproving of my sudden presence, making me slightly anxious.

"... okay." The unnamed boy said to me, obviously not enjoying me around.

I nervously messed with my sleeves, the boy made me quite nervous.

"Jeez dude! Wouldn't hurt to be a little nicer, yeah?" Lucas said, mocking the boy for his behavior.

He nudged the boy on the shoulder, making him roll his eyes. Will sighed at this, patting my back and whispering.

"I'm really sorry about him, he doesn't normally act this bad. I promise he'll warm up to you, I have a feeling you guys will like each other sooner or later." Will whispered to me.

I nodded at his statement, Dustin scolding the boy for his rude atmosphere. Soon, the bell sounded, signaling it was time for our first day of seventh grade to begin.

The boys began saying their goodbyes, until they got to me.

"Bye Y/N, it was good meeting you." Lucas said to me happily.

"Yeah, can't wait to see you in fourth period!" Will said after him.

"Cya Y/N!" Dustin commented as a goodbye gesture.

The boys began to walk away, leaving the boy to stand in front of me, silent. He looked at me, that same, dull face full of hatred.

"Bye... random boy?" I said, trying to lighten the mood between us.

The curly haired boy stayed silent for a little bit, before turning around and walking away.
___
I entered class, the male teacher waving cheerfully as I directed myself to my desk. I waved back happily, smiling to him and turning to the set of desks.

Some of them were empty, but directed in the front of the room were the four boys that I encountered earlier. Will delightfully smiled at my presence, turning around in his chair and patting the seat next to the boy I didn't know the name of yet.

The rude boy scoffed at Will wanting me to sit there, clearly dissatisfied and disappointed.

"Hey Y/N!" The other two boys whisper yelled as I walked to the desk.

"Hey boys, good to see you." I whispered back, sitting down.

I put my backpack onto the back of my chair, turning to the front of the class and watching the teacher gathering things on his desk.

Students filled in the empty rest of the seats, before the bell rung. After the bell sounded, the teacher stood in front of the class and introduced himself.

"Hellooo fourth period! Please call me by mister Clarke. I will be your science teacher this year!" He happily introduced himself.

He continued to explain the goals and rules in the classroom, using a variety of broad hand gestures. I decided to look to my right, seeing the boy.

He was staring at me, almost as if he was submerged in curiosity and possible admiration. When he came to notice I looked back to him, he quickly snapped his head back to the teacher.

I noticed his cheeks reddening, almost as if his face was hot in embarrassment. I slightly smiled at this, tapping the edge of his desk to get his attention.

He ignored it, rolling his eyes. This made me tap again, causing the boy to finally respond.

"...leave me alone." He mumbled rudely.

I sighed in a slight feeling of hurt, giving up and looking back to the front of the class.

The only thing surprising was that I felt a pair of eyes on me for the rest of class.
___
𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬, 𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐣𝐚𝐦 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭.