Nobody but us

I walk along the dirt, the stars shining bright through the night sky. The cold breeze hit my skin, the hairs on my arms raising.

𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐧, 𝐈 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤..

I have just moved to a town in Las Vegas, it is quite empty if I must say so myself. The houses lining the neighborhood streets lay vacant, waiting to be claimed.

I have yet to meet a neighbor, I don't really think I have any. It is like they let the desert take over, and now I am in the middle of nowhere.

I have started sneaking out at night, just to take in the new area and see if I can find anything actually interesting.

Hobos and crackheads aren't really here either, that's how empty this shit hole is. I am enrolled in a school though, and I am gonna start on Monday.

The soft wind was audible, the ruffle of small plants on the ground and twigs crunching from my footsteps.

I looked to my left, seeing nothing. I sighed in boredom, annoyed of the idea I'm gonna be stuck in an empty place with nobody to talk to.

That was what I thought until I peered in front of me, seeing a swing set in the distance. I smiled and began jogging to it, at least I'd have something to do.

As I got closer to the swings, I noticed a lanky figure on one of them. They had a tall, skinny silhouette, and curly hair.

I started walking closer, curious as I had found someone in this area. The moonlight shone on both of us, allowing me to see him better.

He had pale, pasty skin and bright, plump, red lips. His cheekbones were defined, and he wore a cat shirt with a large and oversized black blazer.

His black jeans also shone, along with his dark combat boots. He looked tired, exhausted even.

I took small, slower steps, until I was close to the swing set. His head turned to me, seeing he had a cigarette in his mouth.

He took the stick out, a smoke releasing from his lips.

"Who are you?" He questioned, his thick Russian accent being exposed.

At this point I was a few feet away from him, the boy not bothered by the small gap.

"My name is Y/N, you?" I asked him, grabbing the chain on the swing next to him.

He took another puff from his cigarette.

"Boris." He answered, seemingly observing my features.

"Mind if I sit next to you?" I asked him hopefully.

He leaned over and patted the swing, allowing it.

"Go ahead." He mumbled, turning his head to look in front of us.

I sat down, looking to my side and admiring his complexion.

"I thought this place was empty?" I stated, breaking the silence.

He turned his head, taking another puff.

"Me too, guess not." He dropped his cigarette on the ground, stepping on it.

I watched him step on it, looking back up to his face.

"You just moved here, ya?" He questioned, as I recognized his broken English.

I nodded, fiddling with my fingers.

"Cool, new neighbor." He stated to himself.

He looked back at the sky, observing the stars and moon.