In his arms

I tossed and turned in my bed, the sheets rusting. My pillow just seemed to get more and more uncomfortable, like it just refused to fluff.

I squeezed my eyes shut, curling into a ball and sighing, annoyed.

𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩!

I turned once more, just feeling more and more exhausted by the second. I wanted to sleep so bad, but my body wasn't letting me at the moment.

I nuzzled into the blanket, holding my other pillow in my arms, to my chest. I urged my body to soothe itself, begging for some form of relaxation or sleep.

It just felt like something was off. Like I was missing something.

I felt myself get even more frustrated, my anger boiling.

𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭, 𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧.

I kicked off my blankets, jerking my head up from my pillow. I slid off of my bed, my feet touching the cold wooden floor of Bly.

I sighed in an act of frustration, rubbing my eyes and blinking. Once my vision set I began to walk to my door.

I opened it, cringing as it creaked. When the creaking stopped, I poked my head out to look for anyone.

You always have to check for unwanted visitors in Bly, they just seem like they never want to leave. Looking down the dark hallways on each side of me, it dawned that no one was there.

I stepped out of my room, walking down the hall. The floor ever so slightly squeaked as I stepped.

When I reached the end of the hall, I began walking down the stairs, to the first story. The darkness surrounded me, luckily I was able to make out the faint silhouette of the furniture.

I hastily walked along the floors of the mansion, carefully dodging furniture. Some moonlight streamed from the open curtains, making me somewhat travel in ease.

I reached the kitchen, walking to the countertops. My arms reached for the cabinet, opening it and pulling out a transparent glass.

I lightly shut the cabinet, being careful to not make a noise that would wake up Mrs. Grose. I walked over to the sink, turning on the faucet and  streaming water into my cup.

I watched it fill, yawning as I was yearning for sleep at the time.

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩.. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩..?

When it filled to my desired level I turned off the faucet, looking down at the cup and wasting no time to bring it to my lips.

The liquid streamed down my throat, me chugging it quickly. The cold water lubricated my throat, making me hum in satisfaction as I pulled the glass from my lips.

I set it in the sink, soon after setting my elbows on the counter and supporting my chin to think.

𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩? 𝐎𝐫.. 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬?

I smiled softly at the thought of miles, not knowing exactly why I was. Me and Miles have never exactly gotten along in my book, but he is somewhat nicer to me.

I often notice he tends to watch me a lot. I can't tell if I should be creeped out, though.

Like from across the dinner table. I always spot the boy smirking while watching me.