Chapter 4 - Nerves

Conrad

As good as I am at screwing things up, I decided to try my best to make everything about today perfect for Belly. I know I am not an open book by any means, but I've gotten better at communicating my feelings, at least to Belly, anyway. Especially since we wasted so much time apart because I was too afraid to tell everyone how I really felt.

When I think about how much time I wasted I feel so stupid. Luckily she makes it so much easier, despite the never-ending effect she has on me. I have made it my mission to tell her every little thing that I feel to make this day perfect in every way. It's hard to remember to let my walls down, even with Belly sometimes, so today, I wanted to make sure she knows how much I adore her, how I have wanted this day just as much as she has since we were young, and how much I have been head over heels out of my mind in love with her since I was 12.

As I set Belly down, I look past her and see candles everywhere. Oh, God. I knew Taylor and Stephen were up to something when they left the reception early, after the toasts. I just didn't think it would be this. There were rose petals strung along the floor leading up the stairs. Well done, Stephen. I bet you just loved lighting romantic candles and spreading rose petals for your little sister's wedding night. He had to have a few drinks in him for this. Haha. I'm sure Taylor would have forced him anyway if he'd refused, so he just went along with it. Whatever Taylor wants, Taylor gets when it comes to Stephen. She has him so whipped. But What can I say... Belly has me completely under her spell.

I turned to look at Belly. She was so beautiful standing in the candle light. The light reflected in her eyes, creating a warm caramel-amber glow in her deep chocolate eyes that set me on fire. " It's beautiful." She whispered.

" You have no idea. I wish you could see what I'm seeing. It's breathtaking." I let out, softly. Belly had a look on her face that I hadn't quite seen before. Was she nervous? Tired? Did she feel like just going to sleep? What she didn't know was that I was nervous as hell. My heart was racing so loud and fast, I could hear it in my eardrums. I wanted to make this night everything she's ever dreamed of. I wanted to physically show her how much I loved her, even though I know it's not possible. I couldn't possibly do enough to convey exactly how I feel about her. Belly grabbed my hand and whispered " Do you want to go upstairs?"

"Are you ready to go to sleep? I asked.

'' ...er...Not ... quite... yet," She answered, pulling me to her gently. Ahhhh okay, so Belly's not playing coy tonight, I see. That makes things easier. And with that I took her hand and led her up the stairs, following the rose petals. My God, this was cheesy. But I don't even care. I know Belly is probably eating this up.

I had most of my mom's things moved to the spare room that Laurel used to use for writing. I hired one of my dad's designers to update the suite to make Me and Belly feel more at home, and remind us less of my parents, and the fact that this used to be their room. I shuddered at that thought and quickly shook it out of my head.

The massive four poster bed set that was here had been replaced with a canopy bed that was sleeker and more modern. My only request was a fluffy down comforter with down pillows. Belly could have it decorated however she liked after that. The designer made sure to mix the modern bed with other traditional pieces that looked more like my mom would have picked them out. There was a good mixture of stuff in here that gave it an eclectic, but neat feel that I liked. I think Belly will like it, and I hope she will feel comfortable here.

I walked up the stairs and to the door, a little hesitant to look inside. What would be waiting for us? Rose petals on the bed? Little towel animals? Chocolate covered strawberries and champagne? It didn't matter, whatever it was. The only thing that mattered to me tonight was Belly.