Chapter 5- Moon and Stars

Belly

The room was gorgeous. My jaw dropped when I caught a glimpse through the door. There was a beautiful canopy bed in the center of the room, much sleeker than Susanna's. The railings had beautiful sheer white fabric draped from all four sides, and the bed had a beautiful, fluffy white comforter set with tons of pillows. There were rose petals on the bed in the shape of a heart, just like the pictures I've seen of the Sandals resorts. It was cheesy, but perfect. My kind of cheesy.

There were more of those flameless candles in here too- on the dressers, nightstands, and anywhere else there was a free space. The fireplace in the bedroom had a nice fire going already, and I instantly had flashbacks. The blood rushed to my cheeks, and I was glad it was mostly dark in here. Still holding my hand, his fingers laced through mine, he led me inside. We stood by the bed for a minute, now, both of our hands laced with each other. He reached up and brushed a piece of hair from my eyes. His eyes traveled back and forth from my lips to my eyes.

"Conrad, do you mind if I take a minute to freshen up?" I whispered.

" No, of course, go ahead." he murmured.

" Can you unzip me?" I said, turning around to expose my zipper.

I heard Conrad swallow hard and then unzip my dress. I went into the master bathroom, and the first thing I noticed was the old clawfoot tub. I always dreamed of bathing in that tub. Something about these tubs are so romantic. I think ever since I saw that one scene in Pretty Woman, my mind was made up forever. Taylor had brought my bags in the bathroom and sat them on the dressing chair. Thank God for Taylor. I grabbed my toothbrush, looked in the mirror, and turned the water on. I brushed my teeth hastily, then checked my breath. Minty Fresh. I took out the Victoria's Secret lingerie Taylor had given me as a gift at the bachelorette party. It was a sheer, creamy white fabric, with an empire baby doll waist, and soft ruffles that flowed down from the waistline That barely covered my bum. The neckline plunged down to the elastic in the waistband, and the fabric had teeny tiny little sparkles in it. The bottoms were a matching panty.

I had never worn lingerie before- it wasn't really me. But, Carpe Diem, I guess. It was my wedding night. I might as well, right? I checked myself one last time in the mirror, and decided to put a little lip oil on, brushed through my hair once, and wiped the little bit of smudged eyeliner from under my eyes. Then I rolled a dab of my favorite perfume on my wrist and behind my ear. Daisy. It had a light, but sensual smell to it. Conrad always seemed to go crazy when I wore it.

I cracked open the door and said, " Are you ready?", playfully. " Um, what do you think, Belly?" Conrad said in his sarcastic voice. "Get over here." He said, more seriously this time, in a raspy tone that had me swooning. I opened the door fully and walked out, stopping right outside the door frame. In the warm glow of the candlelight, Conrad was halfway leaning on the foot of the bed, his ankles crossed, his hands perched behind him on the bed, waiting for me. He wasn't wearing his suit anymore. Only the white shirt, unbuttoned at the collar, his sleeves rolled up to his elbow, and his gray suit pants.

He froze, his eyes on me. I waited for a second, starting to feel a little uneasy. What was he thinking? "Can you please say something?" I spilled out, insecurely. He shook his head, as if trying to shake himself out of a daze. "My wife is hot", he said, dragging out the last word. I finally let out the breath I had been holding.

Conrad got off the bed and walked over to me. His large hands framed my face, holding both of my cheeks. "You are absolutely the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." He said, looking right into my eyes, and pulled me in for a kiss, his hands framing my face. I wrapped one hand around his wrist, and the other was raking through his hair. He kissed me deeper then, pulling me closer and pressing my body against his.