Chapter 15- Take A Life, Give A Life

Chapter 14

                                                                    Kent Pov

It's been about 4 or 5 days since Ellie and Ryder left. I'm getting nervous, but i know Ellie can handle herself out there. Lional and i just started getting the radio to work again, but its on its last limps, we were hit pretty bad and it's hard to get a signal. Everyone is on edge and as much as i love newcomers, these people are good folk and i can tell if they follow Ellies say, she's one of the strongest leaders i know. I'm glad to see she came back like she said she would. And brought me a lot of kind faces. I just wish she was here, and i hate to say it but i miss dean as well even if he was an ass. I could tell Ellie loved him. But with this Ryder guy, i get the same vibe which is strange.

"Radio working?" i ask Lional as he works on it, he shook his head making me sigh. Great. I moved along to check on everyone else and i saw Lydia. I went over to her.

"Everything good?" i ask making her look up and smile.

"Yup, i just hope Ryder is here to be with me before she comes," Lydia admits, making me look at her. The thought of a baby made my heart sink. Remembering the baby i barely knew, and the wife i lost that i knew everything about.

"If hes not, I'll do everything i can to help" i say with a smile making her thank me "i think you will make a great mom" i tell her making her laugh a bit

"Ellie makes it look so easy with jennie and carrie with liam, but to be honest, i dont know if im good enough to be a mom" she said truthfully making me sigh as she clearly seemed distressed and sad.

"Being a mom is one of the hardest if not the hardest job in the world. Nobody expects you to be the greatest mom in the whole world but you have the ability to raise a life in a good way, the way i see it. If your a good person, you should have no trouble raising your kid to be" i tell her, softly rubbing her arm for comfort

"Thank you kent" she smiled kindly "did you ever have one of your own?" she asked making my face fall, as i was being as that question. Making her feel bad

"Im sorry i didnt mean to-" she started but i stopped her

"No its alright, i did....a long time ago, libeth.....that was her name" i smile just the thought of her. Lydia listened. As i looked down to tell her the rest, unable to look at eyes of pity, the eyes ive been looking at for months now. 

 "Back when the outbreak happened, my wife and i we heard about the news, what was happening in other cites, and we knew we were next- but" i stopped for a moment "we both knew our baby wouldnt last in a world like this but i was going to try but my wife she-.....she just didnt think that" it was hard to get the words out, ive only ever told ellie, not even lional knew. "She didnt even wanna try, she-" I struggled this time, and i didnt understand why.

"Hey its okay, you dont have to tell me-" she started but i shook my head

"I found libeth dead in her crib.............and my wife with slit wrists in our bathtub, i just- i just wish she knew i would have forgiven her" i stated, my throat feeling dry and filled with pain as i tried to speak

"Oh god" lydia gasped, i looked up at her.

"Try okay.....try your hardest for that baby, dont give up on them" i say to her, mostly trying to fill the void in my heart. Lydia had tears in her eyes as she moved to hug me. I stoped for a moment before hugging her back.

"If i dont make it-" i shook my head at her but she stopped me "if i dont, please take care of my little girl" she told me, pleading with her eyes, i paused for a moment. I nodded with a smile