Chapter 16- Officer Friendly

Chapter 15

I woke up, gasping for air as i looked around in fear. I was laying on a bed and my stomach was patched up, i groaned as i turned my leg over to look at the dog bite.

"Bastard got me good" i said to myself but a voice made me jump.

"Yes he did" the man in the cop uniform said making me back up into the bed. "Calm down im not here to hurt you, im just trying to do some good in the world, now that everything has gone to shit, there's no order" he stated making me just look at him "officer Cale" he introduced himself making me just look at him.

"Hey cale, is she-" Ryder stopped once he saw me "thank God you're okay! You lost a lot of blood" he told me as his eyes went wide. I calmed down a bit noticing this guy isnt a danger or ryder wouldn't have left my side.

"Im ellie" i say to officer cale "thank you" i say making him smile at me. He was very tall, had light features. Blue eyes and light brown hair. Older maybe forty or fifty.

"I have some caned food if your hungry" he said softly making me nod. I was starving. I followed him to see he lived in a police station just like kent.

"Are we in a city?" i question.

"Yes, as you can see our people are struggling but we are making by" he stated making me sigh "but i heard about a Sacturary, that was never touched by the sickness, the outbreak." he said making me run my hands through my hair.

"It can't be true" i say to him making him look at me.

"Why?" he asked making me throw my hands up in the air.

"Because good things are never true, ever" i sigh making cale, chuckle.

"With that attitude, yeah it never is.......but i finally been searching for the coordinates, and i got them. I found it" he smiled making me look at him in shock. "Come with me" he said making me follow him into another room that was filled with papers and writing on the wall with a huge map. Red marker and blue marker all over the map. With strings showing pattens. I looked in awe of it. He must have been working on it for months.

"Hey Ellie" Ryder smiled as he sat on the chair. With a big smile "we finally have a way out of this mess" he laughed with cale. I looked around just in shock.

"Its on the coast, its far but i have a guy i have been talking to on the radio, he helps people get there by boat." cale said making me look at him.

"Wait radio? You have a radio" i say making him nod. He moved over so i could see the radio, i ran over to it and started moving the channels, i looked over to see the places he's contacted and scratched out. I saw Springfield which was Kents city.

"Holy shit" i say making ryder look at me

"What?" he came over and saw what i was looking at, i went to use it but i didn't know how. Cale came over and looked at me.

"Can you contact the police station in Springfield?" i asked him making him look down

"I havent tried springfield but if they have a working radio tower then i can try." he said making me look at ryder then back at him

"What do you mean?" i asked him

"Well all the cites have a police station and that's the only working radio in all the cites, that's how Micheal built them. Police were in charge of contacting other cites" he explained. I had no idea

"That means we can contact our people" i say with a smile making cale

"let give it a try" he said making me feel nervous, the radio tried to find signals and cale moved it to find Springfield, i bit my lip trying to contain my nerves.