Chapter Two- Lies and Secrets

Chapter two

It's been a day and i haven't seen Ryder. I assumed he was staying away so he could cool off from all this. Dean has been fitting in nicely from what i can tell. He's been with Kylen so i haven't seen him in a few hours. He wouldn't tell me why which made me a little uncomfortable. Knowing what I know. Knowing what dean knows. Everybody thinks Micheal is dead but he's not. And i have no idea where he is. And how dean is alive. Whatever was injected into him must have brought him back. Thats the only thing i can think of.

"You're going to be alright Mr. Williams" i smiled down at him finishing up his bandage on his leg. Kylen gave me a job as a nurse. When we get newcomers, they are usually in very bad shape. It's sad to see.

"Will i be able to walk?" he asked making me shake my head.

"I'm not entirely sure enough to give you an answer at the moment. I'm just glad they found you when they did. Your leg is in very bad shape" i say honestly at him, the old man gave me a kind smile of gratitude. "Would you like some medicine for the pain?" i questioned and he nodded. I grabbed some pills for him and a cup of water. I went to hand it to him. He gladly took them. I went to leave to go to another bed to help a little girl. Before his voice stopped me

"He's coming back.......and he's going to take his daughter with him" the man said making me look at him. as my blood ran cold. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"What?" i ask in disbelief.

"I asked if I could get some more water?" Mr Williams looked at me weird as I nodded. Its been a long day and I was now seeing and hearing stuff.

"Yeah, I'm sorry" i say. I held my head. Was I going crazy? I was worrying about Dean. he hasn't been back but that's stupid. The point of this place was i didn't need to worry anymore. But now i couldn't stop thinking about Jennie. What if Micheal does come back. What if he takes her again. Shots of gunfire cut me out of my thoughts.

"Jennie" i whisper. I started to run "Jennie! Jennie!" i kept screaming for her as i ran down the hallways. I got to our room to see she wasn't there "Jennie!" i yelled again. I ran to where the shots were and i stopped as a crowd of people started to form. I spotted her making my heart beat again. I could finally breathe.

"Jennie. Thank goodness you're okay" i say pulling her closer to me

"Ellie" she said making me look to where she was looking. My body went in shock as I saw a dead woman. I got closer as i saw black goo. I looked in horror. My gaze went up to make eye contact with Dean as he stood on the other side of the crowd with Kylen.

This only meant one thing. Biters were back. But how?

................................................................

"what are we thinking?" dean asked Kylen as Dean, Kylen, Elizabeth and i were in a room talking about what we just saw. I was still in shock about the whole thing. The thought of biters. Made my skin crawl. I finally felt safe and normal and now this happens. And only Dean and i know who could be behind all of this but that means if we say anything it could cause a panic which is not what we want.

"Maybe the cure didn't work on everyone" i say trying to cover up what Dean and i were hiding. Kylen made a face but nodded after a moment.

"Maybe" he said slowly. A let out a breath trying to relax but for some reason i couldn't put all my trust in Kylen like dean could. I looked at the dead biter now laying on a table in front of us. Examining it. It looked different. Not like the biters before. This one seemed grayish. The skin was a whole different color, and her eyes were white.