5. A day with Elias

In the morning I woke up by a high pitched voice, a young voice, talking in the kitchen downstairs. From what I can see, Elias can sleep at my situation, he slept peaceful beside me. While I couldn't, I threw the cover off me and headed down the stairs, greeted by this horrible voice. "Hello!!!" she said cheerful, while I had hoped I could be deaf for a few seconds, as she continued to talk "Who are you? Who is that Chise? A friend of yours? She is beautiful! Do you live here too? Can we be friends?

Please, anyone, make her stop!!!!! I screamed in my head, while I faked a smile at her.

She didn't seem to notice, as she kept on talking to Chise. I took my change to flee, back in Elias bedroom. Once there, I climbed back in, putting my head underneath Elias head, trying to sleep again. To my disappointment, I woke him with that "What is it?" he said, a little tired. "Make it stop" I whined, burying my head underneath his pillow. He understood minutes later, as he heard it too. "Stella..." he said annoyed. "Who is that?" I asked, a little curious. "She was a former customer of us and now, she is Chise's friend."

She has my deepest sympathy, I thought. She probably isn't so bad, but her voice was too high to listen to for a long time. I seem to share the same thought as Elias looked at me "Want to go out?" He didn't expect such a quick response as I jumped out of bed jumping round with joy "Yes, yes...what are you waiting for? Come on!" Before he could reply, I was out the door towards the bathroom. I forgot that he wasn't a morning person; he needed a little longer than me.

The next we went out of the house, while Chise and Stella were too busy talking to each other, they didn't hear us leave. We went to the next village, where Elias transformed himself into his human form. As a treat, I ordered us something to eat, which he appreciated, since he couldn't eat at home. We spend our time walking through the park, sitting at the lake, watching people or just talk about random stuff. He also insisted to get a photo of us at a photo booth, turning into his original form for a short while. There were also some funny moments with him, as he tried to eat ice cream, only to be followed by a dog, trying to get his treat. Elias backed away and didn't notice, as he tripped and fell into the lake, followed be me trying to hold him, we were soaked form head to toe. I couldn't stop laughing at him, his face was priceless. It was a mixture of a shock and a What-the-hell-just-happened look. Too bad I had no camera with me to take a shot. He refused to take it in the photo booth, no matter how much I begged.

With this little event, he wanted to go back home. I agreed taking his hand, walking down the path to his house. We both weren't happy to hear this voice again, coming from the kitchen. "What are they doing all day? " I asked, disappointed she didn't leave just yet. "We had an agreement, when we help her, she would make us cookies, as much as we can carry." I was impressed, a girl that keeps her promise. "Respect!" I said amazed, before opening the door. Elias went up to the bathroom, dragging me with him. "What are you doing?" I whispered, not to get the attention of our three bakers downstairs. "You are soaked, you need to take them off before you catch a cold" he said, closing the door. He reached for the bathrobes on the door, as he began to undress before me. I closed my eyes embarrassed at the situation. He didn't seem to understand and continued, looking a little puzzled at me "Do you need help?" "God, no!" I yelled, before covering my mouth. I turned my back to him, waiting for him to finish. Till I felt something holding the end of my shirt "Put your hands up", he demands, I preferred to cross them in front of my chest "Are you nuts? Stop this harassment!"

"Harassment? ... Is that good or bad?" he asked putting his head a little sideways. "It's bad, Elias...very bad" I said, hitting his hands. He withdraws them rubbing the back of them, where I slapped him. He kept looking at me, while he did so; this irritated me "Is something?" "Can I help you, without harassing you?" I had to smile at his question. "As a matter of fact, there is..." I said getting a curious look from him, I smiled sweetly at him "...get out."