12. Chise...cursed

Since they were gone I tried my best to escape the house.

That is when I noticed Silkie's powers. She threw me over the shoulder, every time she caught me. At the mean time, she ties me to the chair and feeds me. "Please, silky only one foot out the door!" she shook her head no.

Here I thought I had it bad, I didn't know what Chise went through.

They returned hours later, with a giant dragon. Chise was in Elias arm, unconscious from what I can see. Her arm looks odd, like a massive claw. Elias didn't speak to me the whole day, while a fairy doctor was upstairs with Chise. Angelica, Elias friend was with us in the living room. No one spoke to me or even start a small talk. They all look worried at the table, while silky served us tea and biscuits.

I couldn't stand the silence and headed towards Chise's room. She was in Elias bed at the time. I fell into her bed, hearing a voice beside me "what is it N/A?" "Ruth, shouldn't you be with Chise?" he nodded and jumped onto the bed, "I should, but you seem to be concerned." "What happened to Chise, Ruth?" He hesitated, before telling me all about it. He explained to me, about the auction they went to, the dragon they bet on and who he destroyed the auction hall. He waited for a minute before continuing. The last part was the one Chise removed her jewelry of her wrist and used her full powers to stop the dragon, getting cursed at the end.

"Is that why her arm looked like that?" The black dog nodded.

Is it...bad?" I asked him, but received no answer. It's not like he didn't wanted to, but Elias was standing at the door, crossing his arm. "N/A I need to talk to you...outside."

I looked back at Ruth who told me to go, he went back to Chise. I followed Elias shortly after, till we were outside. "Chise is cursed, I can do nothing about it" began Elias, looking at me carefully "I want you to take good care of her, while I am gone."

"Where are you going?" I asked surprised. He looked dup to the sky "I need to find a way to stop this curse...no matter what.