15. My gift

I decided to go after Chise and Elias. Ruth waited for me that I can ride on his back.

"Blessed child" yelled the queen after me "choose your gift wisely." She was right, this isn't an easy choice. I thanked her for telling me as Ruth and I disappeared though the portal.

"I will see you soon...my beloved child" was the last thing Titania said, before going back home. Renfred and Alice stayed where they are, finishing off the rest of the creatures. This fight wasn't theirs to take. They left it all to us.

Wandering through London, we managed to find them at last. Chise was riding on a bull while Elias followed close behind. She wantd them to promise her something, which I didn't understand. This whole situation was soemtihng I didn't understand. How did this all happen in the foirst place? They are both keeping secrets from me. If it wasn't for Ruth, I wouldn't be aware of the danger Chise was in.

Shortly after, we catched up with the boy. Through his white hair, I could see eyes, glaring at us. Only then I noticed, Chise and Cartaphilus have switched one pair of their eye to each other. But why? Between Chise and the boy began a fight like no other. I watched with horror at the sight, seeing LEias and Ruth standing nearby, not interrupting. "What are you doing?! Help her!" I yelled, hitting the mage's chest. "We promised N/A" said Ruth.

"Huh?"

"Ariel, it is time" behind Elias came a little creature to sight, smiling wide at me. "Hello there blessed child!" I recognized it from the gardens. It turned its head to the mage "I only do it for Chise you got that!" he nodded.

Now, someone else came into sight. A creature in a robe, holding a staff. Ruth noticed my confused face "This is ashen eye. This is no opponent for Chise...Elias will take care of him." I watched Elias form the distance, as he ate the poor fairy. I began to panic, as he turned to a creature that was even more terrifying than his previous forms. Before I knew it, he chopped off Asheneye's head. It was a quick death for him. Back at Chise, she was still fighting of the boy. In the meantime, her arm got larger. The curse was spreading through her body. I wasn't aware of her plan, as Cartaphilus attacked her. Both were seriously injured. I was about to run over, as I heard her sing a song.

Slowly, very slowly, the boy had closed his eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

Elias was back in his original form and held Chise in his arms. She was losing too much blood. I kneeled beside them, holding her hand "You stupid girl, how could you do that to us!" Tears where streaming down my face. Chise looked at me, touching my face tenderly "I am sorry N/A...I am sorry."

"Elias can you do something?" I asked him desperately.

He shook his head. He wasn't a healer for such injuries. There was nothing he could do for her now. Ruth lied beside her, whimpering loud. "Even if I could safe her, the curse will kill her."

"I will not let you die Chise. I give my gift to you and I hope you will carry on the life oyu always dreamed off."

Neither Elias nor Ruth understand my words. Chise was already close to lose consciousness, as I leaned over to her, touching her forehead with mine, whispering the words Titania had told me to say.

The next...I fell beside her...motionless.

"N/A!!!!" was the last thing I heard from Elias and Ruth, as my life turned to darkness.