9. Kidnapped

Once I knew what the second ring on my wrist was capable off, I used it to my advantage. The entire garden was spreading, vegetables grew faster and flowers, which normally grow in another season, bloom in several different colors. "This might come handy, as we might need some of them for potions" said Chise. "Or to make something nice for Silky to cook later on" added Ruth, drooling at the thought. I had to admit, they both had a point. However, the last ring made me worry. I don't know what else I can do and it bothers me. Is it good or bad? May it hurt or kill me and others?

The Ariel's always stayed around me and Chise, sitting on our heads and watch us to the gardening. However, they didn't tell me about the last ring, no matter how much I begged them to. Not even to bribe them helped. But somehow, I felt quite weak lately. The minute I use magic the more I get sleepy and a headache. I need a lot of rest before continuing on making the next plants grow. Or maybe it's because of my lack of sleep lately.

Two days already past and I could hardly sleep through.

Elias seems to have noticed my rings underneath the eyes. He prepared a portion for me later on, to make me sleep better. He told me not to use magic anymore the way I am just now. He said, that a mage should always take care of his body, as this is his important tool to make magic happen and to never make magic on my own. A mage should take the help of his neighbors to do so; otherwise my body will lose energy a lot faster. But for now, we had work to do, although it wasn't much for me to do. Just the usual decorating the house and traditions a mages follows through the season. He finds it important for me to learn them, so the bed has to wait a little while longer.

Inside the forest, he told us what to get. Unfortunately, we had to ask the creatures in the woods for guidance. To our surprise, they constantly wanted something from me, mainly a bit of my blonde hair. "By the end of the year I will have no hair" I complained, as it was already cut to my shoulders, before that, they were under my shoulder blades. Once we had all our stuff together we headed home, until a huge creature blocked my way to Elias and Chise. It didn't make a single sound, otherwise they would have noticed me gone by now. It wrapped me in a black cocoon, transporting my body to somewhere I couldn't see or even hear anything.

Chise and Elias realized my disappearance once it was too late. Ruth was surprised that he didn't notice it fast that anyone else. As a dog, he should have. Elias decided to go back to find me, while Chise and Ruth should get the things to the house. They should come back afterwards to help him search.