**✩*˚1˚*✩**

WC: 866

This old place. Well. It was now his.

It had been two years of savings and a large chunk from his grandma. But he was no longer living at home with his rotten stepfather. Hearing the tiny meows coming from the carrier brought him back to reality. There was only one room that could be deemed habitable. If you wanted to call it that... 

He'd scored a job a while back in the area. It was only a couple of days, but they were long hours. It paid well enough. It gave him that extra money to fix this place.

The male set the cats in the only safe room. He left them to settle a plan for getting the inside of the house done. He would consider it a quaint cottage with two bedrooms and a single bath. The kitchen and living room were large enough if planned correctly. However, the space would need to be utilized efficiently to make the most of it. 

Room by room, he made plans. He wrote down what each room would be after the renovation. The frustrated male decided on a color scheme and storage. Most importantly, to appease his house companions. He worked in small but interesting ways to keep their interest off his things. Primarily his plants!

After all his considerations, it was back to the barren room. It was as if he was camping. He'd be living off instant noodles. That is until the first and most important room was done.

He needed that kitchen. It was vital to his mental stability! Thus, he could start there. For tonight, he would lounge in a camp chair with his roommates. They were running around chaotically. Tomorrow was a new day... 

With demolition happening early, he was ready to go. It didn't take long before studs were revealed. The electrical and plumbing were so outdated! It would be a fire hazard or cause a flood. Whichever came first. Which meant more had to come down before anything else could happen. The male sighed since that was not planned for. 

The male sighed more before returning to work on the rest of the place. He would stop periodically to make notes of what he'd need. It was late afternoon when everything was revealed. Grabbing his coat and saying a quick bye to the house companions, he left. He had to find the local hardware store.

It was a ten-minute drive, but it offered the man time to check out the small suburban town. It was an hour's drive to the closest big city, which meant only an hour away from his mother. Only one could decide if that was a good or bad thing.

Parking, walking into the homey-looking store. Hearing chatter from the far side, not paying much attention. He decided to wander first, checking out the place. Once it was settled that he could get almost everything, he started piling it in his arms.

"You can make a pile here!" Hearing a chipper voice call out at him

Smiling, he began a pile. Once he got everything together, he stopped at the counter.

"Welcome! You have quite the assortment here." The shorter blond-haired male spoke

Nodding, "Yeah, got my project down to the studs and found that I'd need more than planned. I have a list of some things I'll need to order and have delivered. If that's possible?"

"Sure, let me see this list." He handed it over. The blond started clicking on his computer, humming and tapping when it seemed to slow down. Smiling when he finished, "We can get everything in by next week if that's soon enough?" He looked up, questioning the male on the other side of the counter. "We have our order coming in then."

"Yeah, that's fine." Hearing the door chime, announcing another customer. "Do you know of any electricians or plumbers in the area? The ones from the city are booked out for a month."

"Sure I do! Actually, I think they're coming in right now." The door chimed again, and a stockier fellow slightly taller than the blond walked to the counter. "Chan! We have an interested client!"

"Yeah? Hello! You must be the fellow who bought the old place on Circle Drive. I'm Chan, a certified plumber. This is my younger brother, Felix. He is your go-to electrician."

"Yeah, that's the place. I'm Minho. It's nice to meet you." Taking the other's outstretched hand

"Same. When would you like us to come up?"

"I'm free all day tomorrow. Whenever you want to come, I can leave you my number to call beforehand. I might be outside checking out the gardens."

"Are you going to fix those up too?" Felix asked

He cocked his head, raising a brow. "Yeah, that's the plan. There is a small building outback, open a small flower shop." Feeling a tug on his hair, he turned, putting a hand up to his and holding back the gasp and the curses that were on the tip of his tongue. Both for very different reasons. 

Welcome to my new story :) please give it lots of love! thanks for reading! ~DQ

Updates will be irregular while I set up the story so bear with me :)