**✩*˚11˚*✩**

WC: 637

"Minho-hyung!" Looking up as he entered the house, finding Felix already working on electrical.

"Hi, Felix. How are you today?"

"I'm good, hyung. Thanks for reinforcing those studs that needed it. I will do the kitchen and living room before moving to the bedrooms and bathrooms. Do you want me to check the store? Make sure that is up to code?" 

"Yes, please. After I begin work on the gardens, I'd like to talk to you about running ground lights."

"Okay, awesome. Will they run off from this breaker box or the shops?"

Piercing his lips, "Probably the house. That way, I can control them at night."

"Right. You already knew that the electric box had to be replaced. I'll make sure there is a spot for that."

"That's great, thank you!" Minho grinned

"Welcome. I see Jisung is here."

Nodding, placing all his things in his bag. "Yeah, he's brought me coffee and food."

"That's so sweet. I haven't seen him this happy in a long time. Will you be gentle with him? He acts tough, but he is a sweetheart. He doesn't put himself out there a lot."

"I won't do anything he doesn't want. Plus, we're just now establishing a friendship."

"I know, just even as friends."

"Okay."

"Thanks, hyung. I'm gonna get to work. See you later."

"See ya."

Grabbing the last of his things, he met the younger back outside. He'd picked up their chairs. Minho noticed that he'd placed them under the small gazebo in the garden. Before he could focus on that, Jisung asked if he was ready, answering with a slight head bob. Just as the previous two days, they headed to Minho's. They settled for a bit to watch anime, a brief pause for dinner. Today, after dinner, Jisung got his wish to let out the kitties. He was their favorite person for the night.

Minho couldn't help but smile at how happy the cats and Jisung were. He didn't want to become too close. But, he could get used to having the younger around...

This would be how the next month would pan out. Minho returned to work two weeks after he arrived. In those two weeks, the duo continued to grow closer. At the end of the first week, when Hyungjin came, Jisung got to surprise him just as he wished. 

They had dinner that night, exchanging stories and spending most of the night joking. Hyunjin left the next day, telling them to behave themselves. Neither understood what he was talking about. The duo waved off his nonsense.

It was the start of a new month. The plumbing and electrical were mostly finished. Some places needed little tweaks here and there. It was nothing Minho couldn't finish on his own. By now, Minho was waiting for miscellaneous pieces to arrive. There was the occasional piece that was on backorder. But he'd finished the front porch and the swing! He was proud that he made it himself. All that was left was the final staining.

Windows and the front door had been replaced, siding upgraded, and insulation in place. He'd even decided to upgrade the back door. Matching the pretty front door, per Jisung's perpetrated statements. Now, it was a waiting game for the cabinets and countertops. They had been on backorder, halting the whole process. This gave him time to work in the gardens.

Minho worked his way slowly around the garden, pulling all the weeds. In some of the boxes, he gave up. He pulled everything out of it. He had a desire to save the roses. They were going to need some trimming. Next season, they should come out better. After he finished this area, everything that could be composted was put in a pile behind the store. This allowed him to start on his next project, the greenhouse structures. 

a filler chapter... how are you liking the story so far? 

thanks for reading! ♥️