Colorful Chaos

NEW DAY 

As Ishan slowly awakens from his slumber, the first rays of dawn filter through the curtains, gently kissing his features. His long lashes flutter open, revealing the deep pools of his eyes, the color of dark chocolate, reflecting the soft morning light. The lines of sleep fade from his face, revealing the sculpted contours beneath.

With a languid stretch, his muscles ripple beneath his skin, hinting at strength and grace. His tousled hair, a tousled mess of dark waves, frames his face like a halo, adding an air of effortless charm to his morning visage.

Ishan gazed upon his serene sleeping husband, Shubman, and discreetly rose, making his way to the bathroom to freshen up. Mindful of the impending Holi festivities, he opted against a shower, instead dressing in a pristine white kurta. To his amusement, Shubman remained slumbering soundly. 

Unable to resist a playful prank, Ishan descended downstairs to greet his family and friends. The Holi festivities commenced at 9 am, and Ishan couldn't contain his excitement. "Happy Holi, everyone!" Ishan exclaimed cheerfully. Laughter filled the air as his family and friends reciprocated the greetings. 

Raj approached, ready to apply colored powder to Ishan, but he swiftly dodged the playful assault. "Kya hua tujhe gulal nahi lagana?" Raj inquired. "Kya tu bhi raj holi ka pehla rang Ishan shub se hi lagayega na," Mr. Kishan interjected with a knowing smile.

 Ishan's cheeks flushed with embarrassment at his father's remark. "Oh han papa main toh bhul hi gaya tha," Raj teased, feigning remorse. "Waise rang toh Ishu ko chad gaya hai jiju ke pyaar ka," Mayank observed with a grin. 

"Well said, beta," Mr. Gill agreed. "Aur nahi toh kya papa bhabhi ke upar toh pyar ka gehra rang chada hai," Abhishek added. Ishan, overwhelmed with affection, embraced Mrs. Gill tightly. "Mumma dekho na inhe," Ishan protested playfully.

 "Waise ishu baat toh sab sahi keh rahe hai," Mrs. Gill replied. "Mumma..." Ishan whined. The family erupted in laughter as Ishan's face turned crimson. "Waise ishu tujhe gulal ki jarurat nahi, tere gaal toh already laal ho gaye hai," Mayank remarked.

 "Tu toh ruk tujhe main baad me dekhta hun," Ishan retorted, swiftly grabbing a plate of colored powder and darting upstairs to their room, leaving his family and friends in stitches.

Ishan tiptoed back into their room, suppressing a mischievous grin as he approached the bed where Shubman still lay peacefully sleeping. With a twinkle in his eye, he carefully dipped his fingers into the vibrant colors on the plate, selecting a bright shade of red.

With a steady hand, Ishan leaned over Shubman, his heart fluttering with excitement. He gently brushed the vibrant pigment onto Shubman's cheek, creating a playful streak of color against his husband's fair skin.

As the color met Shubman's skin, a smile tugged at Ishan's lips, his prank taking shape. He leaned back, admiring his handiwork with a sense of satisfaction. Shubman stirred slightly in his sleep, a soft murmur escaping his lips, but he remained blissfully unaware of Ishan's mischief.

With a quiet chuckle, Ishan retreated from the bedside, his heart light with anticipation for the day ahead. Holi was a time for joy and celebration, and he couldn't wait to share the festivities with Shubman and their loved ones.

As the minutes ticked by, Shubman began to stir awake, blinking blearily as he adjusted to the morning light. His gaze met Ishan's, and for a moment, confusion flickered across his features.

Good morning, jaan," Shubman said, looking at Ishan, who was trying to suppress his laughter. "Good morning, Shubi," Ishan replied. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Shubman asked. "No reason, just like that. You look very handsome today," Ishan said.