Chapter 22

Camila's P.O.V.

"Camila, I know you hate me right now, but can you please at least let me try to explain?" she asked in desperation.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't believe my ears. I couldn't believe that she had the audacity to show up at my house.

"Fuck you, Lauren." I said through clenched teeth, making a move to slam the door, only to be stopped by Lauren's hand frantically pushing against it.

My actions were fueled by nothing other than my anger at this point. If I was being honest with myself, I just wanted to hug Lauren; Jesus, she looked pitiful, but all I could hear was the anger talking, and it wanted her to get the hell out of my house.

"Wait!" she screamed, her voice breaking. She was still pushing against the door firmly with her hand, afraid that I would make a move to shut her out again.

"I don't want to hear what you have to say." I said flatly, not looking into her eyes for fear of changing my mind.

"Camila, please. Just let me explain. I'm not expecting you to forgive me or take me back, I just want to explain what happened alright? And then I'll go." she almost whispered.

"Or how about you go now? Can't you see that I don't want you here?" I spat angrily. I knew that if I gave her the chance, I may not be able to resist taking her back, and from experience I knew once a cheater, always a cheater.

I made a move to shut the door again, but before I could close it I heard Lauren's voice again.

"I was my mom's birthday." she admitted in one final attempt to get my attention. It worked. I released my hold on the door slightly, allowing her to push it forward just enough to see her.

It was her moms birthday? Well that explained a shit ton. I mean I guess it didn't change the fact that she kissed Brad, but at least there was now a rational explanation for her excessive drinking.

"Camila, I'm asking for five minutes." she pleaded.

I knew this was going to be a bad idea, but I saw the sincerity in her eyes and couldn't push myself to continue to be so hard towards her. Letting her in would give her the idea that I wasn't angry with her anymore, but I would make it clear to her that she wasn't so easily forgiven.

I released my hold on the door so that she could come inside and I turned, walked to the couch, and plopped down onto it.

"Can we go somewhere a little more um...private?" Lauren asked, exasperated.

"I think we are just fine right here." I rolled my eyes, waving for her to sit on the seat on the opposite side of the room from me. She willingly obliged, although discouraged.

"The whole night wasn't supposed to happen. Nothing I did that night was intentional, and I never intended to hurt you. It was my mom's birthday and I had been drinking. A part of me does, and a part of me always will believe that I am somewhat responsible for her death, so I was trying to forget. I was trying to forget like I always do, by running away. I thought that if I could forget about my mother for just one night, then I would feel better the next day. Brad and I used to date, and he was there for me when my mother died. A while after her death, we used to party together. We would both get blasted and have some pretty intense make out sessions, but I never went all the way with him. I guess with me being out of my mind drunk, and Brad being tipsy, we just returned to our old ways by instinct. I promise you that as soon as I realized that it was Brad and not you, I immediately stopped. I didn't want Brad, I just wanted to forget, and it worked for a little while, until I realized. I came straight here because I felt so awful and I knew I was either going to have to tell you, or you were going to find out. I don't expect you to forgive me, Camila, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't at least give you and explanation you deserved." the green eyed girl spilled, her voice cracking at the end.