Chapter 10

Lauren's P.O.V.

It was Friday and it had been 7 days since my breakdown in front of Camila. Avoiding her was getting harder and harder because once she caught on, she began finding ways to make me talk to her. If I didn't show up in the art room, she would ask me why I wasn't there. If I didn't meet her after class, she would find a way to find me before the bell rang. It's not that I was annoyed, it's just I don't understand why she wants to be around me so much.

I had almost made it through the entire day without seeing Camila, and I was wondering when she would find a way to see me before the weekend; she always seemed to find a way no matter how hard I tried to avoid the smaller girl. Today was different though; I spent my lunch period in the piano room as opposed to the art room, and I basically ran to all of my classes so I wouldn't run into the girl. There was a part of me that felt bad for doing what I was doing, but I couldn't stop myself. I had to protect my heart.

Over the past few weeks, I had been focusing more on music to drown out all thoughts of Camila... Or maybe try to explain my feelings for Camila. I had finally written my first song, and I was excited to play it tonight at The Brew. I knew there wouldn't be many people there to give me feedback on it, but I could always rely on Ally and Normani to be there.

Surprisingly, I made it through the whole day without seeing Camila once. I missed her, I craved her hugs and how our bodies molded together perfectly, but these feelings would fade in time, I was counting on it.

After school it didn't take me long to get ready and get my stuff for my performance at the coffee shop. My family knew my routine by now and knew that I would be gone until later tonight.

By the time I had arrived at The Brew, my stomach was turning itself inside out. I was afraid of what people were going to think of my song, and I was scared that today would be the day that my classmates showed up to the small shop. I wasn't ready for too many people to know the deepest part of my life because I hadn't fully accepted it myself.

I must have looked like a nervous wreck because Ally and Normani confronted me about it.

"Lauren, are you alright?" Ally asked in a sweet southern voice.

"You look hella nervous, girl." Normani seconded.

"Yeah, I'm singing an original song tonight and I'm just nervous about making myself vulnerable yanno? I'll get over it though, it's just like my usual stage fright." I stated, tapping my foot on the ground.

"I'm sure you'll do just as wonderful as you always do! Don't sweat it!" Ally assured me with a sweet smile.

Normani gave me a friendly pat on the back before the duo returned to work, leaving me sitting alone at my table.
If I thought I was nervous now, it would never compare to the feeling that would come just a few minutes later.

-
Camila's P.O.V.

It had been a week since Dinah told me that Lauren liked me, and I was coming to accept it. I found myself actually considering us, but I didn't know where to start or how to show her. I realized how oblivious I was and I was embarrassed at the fact. How had I not noticed when she hugged me like she did? I should have known when she held my hand. I should have known, and I didn't , but now that I do, I know what I want.

It wasn't an easy thing to decide. I liked a girl, and in my family, that wasn't normal, it was actually atrocious. I knew that I couldn't tell them how I felt about Lauren, but honestly I didn't know exactly how I felt about Lauren myself. I knew that I liked her in more than a friend way, but I also knew that it may not work out that way. Right now I just wanted my best friend back, and I had a plan.