₊˚.༄ | ❝WINTER SOLSTICE❞ pt. 2

────────༝ ˚ 。⋆ 𓇼 ⋆。 ˚ ༝────────

𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡 𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗗𝗢𝗪𝗡 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗡 𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗔𝗚𝗘 𝗔𝗔𝗡𝗚 𝗣𝗨𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗧 𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗔'𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗜𝗡𝗦. Though the bison continually refuses.

"Let's go, Appa! Come on, boy!" Appa roars in protest and sits down. "Look, I'm sorry, but Katara and Sokka aren't coming to the Fire Nation with us." You added.

"If they got hurt, I'd never forgive myself. So get your big butt off the ground and let's go!" Emphasizing his command by straightening himself.

He jerks at the reins, stretching them out, but is flung to the ground when the ropes pull him back as Appa did not move a muscle.

Sighing you lay your hand against appa's nose. "Come on Appa."

Aang sits spread-legged on the ground besides you. "I think his big butt is trying to tell ya something."

You both gasp in surprise and turn around in search for the origins of the voice.

A collection of Senlin villagers, with Katara and Sokka standing in the front stand a little besides the bison. "Please don't go. The world can't afford to lose you two to the Fire Nation."

Katara's pleiades. "Neither can I."

Aang looks away sadly and recalls an image of Sozin's Comet. "But I have to talk to Avatar Roku to find out what my vision means! I need to get to the Fire Temple before the sun sets on the solstice. That's today!"

Aang airbends himself atop Appa's head as you climb up his fur.

Glancing back with a sad expression on your faces he prepares to leave.

As Appa stands up, Katara and Sokka run to stand before the bison, preventing him from moving any further.

"We're not letting you go into the Fire Nation."

"At least, not without your friends. We got your back." Momo soars up and perches atop your shoulder.

Appa licks Sokka, who angrily looks at the bison. "Ew!"

"It's a long journey to the Crescent Island." He hands Aang a small bundle. "You'll have to fly fast to have any chance of making it before sundown. Good luck."