20. Who is he ?

Avni Pov

“Shh…. Ranvi" I whimpered, lazily opening my eyes I raised my neck to see him.

“It's okay… it's almost done” he whispers, I am in his lap, his lips mumbling near my ear, his fingers working on my wound.

He is applying the anticipating on my wrist.

I don't know what happened in these 3 hours.

Ranvijay and Shivansh came to save me.

Someone shot Mikky's dad.

Ranvijay …

Not possible.

But what was Mikky's dad doing there?

I don't remember what happened when I saw him. All I wanted was to reach him. It doesn't matter to me what else happened in the world.

I ran off the stairs and hugged him like I found my life again.

But when I turned around to search for Ishani horror got filled into my eyes when I saw a blood coated body near the stairs...........

Stop…

I don't even want to remember those memories.

Later, Ranvijay took me out, and then I slept in the car. After a few seconds, a loud voice came, and I flinched when I opened my eyes. Ranvijay gave me my phone and I got Ishani's voicemail.

But, why did she leave without meeting me?

And one more thing…

Did I really see the burning building, or was it my illusion?

“Are you okay” cupping my cheeks in his palm, he murmured and I nodded timidly.

I was scared, panicked, anxious trembling and what not, but after getting into his arms I am not feeling anything except calm.

I have never felt like it's like I am the darkness, and he is a moon whose presence is only to brighten up my world.

“Ranvij…ay… Was that building burning" I asked, he gulped his hold on my waist tightened and glanced at the front seat.

“A casualty happened” before I could turn he squealed.

“Casualty? And who were they? What was Mikky's dad doing there ?” I trailed my list of questions.

“Baby, let's get to the home first then we will talk” he murmured giving a peck on my shoulder he was gently rubbing my waist.

There are so many things I want to know, but that one flashback hurts me so hard that I have lost all the strength of my body.

So, without thinking so much, I leaned on his chest.

“Your friend is such a cowardly and selfish woman, she left you just like that” a hoarse husky voice came in my ear.

I looked up and turned my face, Shivansh was behind the wheel, but there was also a man on the other seat.

Is he talking about Ishani ?

“Excuse me, who are you ?” I yelped, Ishani is anything but selfish, she was ready to sacrifice herself for me.

“Veer”

“Veer Chauhan” the man spoke and turned his face to my side.

“You…” I screamed loudly, my eyes widened after seeing him.

He is the same mannerless man.

“You know him, "Ranvijay leaned down, put his chin on my shoulder and asked confusedly.